Another tragedy on the water

• BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

We live in a development with 20 homes, most of us have been here over 25 years. I just got an email today about one of our neighbors having passed away after a boating accident on Sunday (Fathers Day sad ). Very shocking. Seemed odd we would just hear about it today. Then my wife sent me the link. Seems he was out in a Sea Doo boat, likely a Wake Boat, by himself Sunday evening. His empty boat was found on shore Monday morning. His body wasn’t found until yesterday morning.

There are no details I know on what happened but one can speculate he was thrown from the jet boat and no PFD. It happened on Red Cedar Lake near Rice Lake WI.

So sad for his wife, 2 kids and family. Mitch was 55 years old, from the Prescott area, a successful businessman (VP with Trane HVAC), enjoying prime time in his life. We’ve been adjacent neighbors for 27 years.

Stay safe in your boats.

Here is the story

queenswake
    NULL

I’ve recently come to terms that if I alone and thrown from a boat without anyone else nearby, I would have a hard time surviving. Just the shock and disorientation alone makes it hard. Add in any kind of rough waves and forget about it. You panic. I’m sure all of us have had minor moments of panic from doing something dumb even close to shore.

Accidents like this are just so agonizing to think about it. It must be that much worse for the family and friends. Such an avoidable thing.

Sad to hear about the loss of an acquaintance. Take care of yourself, too.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sad and tragic tale. Wear your PFD folks

Iowaboy1

Dang it, I hate hearing of stuff like this, prayers for the family and you as well BH8ME!!

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

This was a good guy who I worked for many years at Trane. Been to his lake house many times riding ATV’s and such. He taught me a lot and was part of the reason I never left Trane.

Pretty sad deal that’s for sure.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m very sorry to hear about your friend/neighbor BHM and Chris.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.