Amped Outdoors Battery

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Couple months ago I bought an Amped Outdoors lithium battery for my Garmin ice bundle. When I got it I read the instructions and charged it full and then haven’t touched it since. The ice season was over.

Now I’m getting ready for my fly-in trip and thought I better check everything out. Put the new Amped battery in the Garmin and it won’t turn on. WTF. Thought the battery was dead. Nope, put it back on the charger and shows green almost right away. Tried again, Garmin still wont power up.

Swapped back to my lead acid battery and it turns on like normal.

Any ideas???

tsamp
    Participant
    eldora, iowa

Put a voltmeter on it and see how many volts are really there. May have a bad charger or need a charger or another 12v battery that can “wake up” the BMS

lindyrig79
    Participant

Will this work? What setting do I use?

Attachments:
    1. 6F5D7E45-0368-4BD7-9DA3-696C91BD864A-scaled.jpeg

lindyrig79
    Participant

Ok I played around put the meter at 50 DCV. It’s shows about 12v (I think) on both of my lead acid batteries.

It’s showing zero for the Amped battery. So I guess it’s a bad battery I’ll have to call them tomorrow

tsamp
    Participant
    eldora, iowa

Take one of your lead batteries that are charged and hook it to your amped for a second or two, positive to positive, negative to negative. This:

lindyrig79
    Participant

Thank you tsamp. I watched the video and will give it a try tomorrow

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

So did you charge it at the end of a season? It sounds like you just put it away and didn’t touch it. So basically, it’s been sitting rundown for quite a while? Don’t worry though, you won’t find any better service than you get from Matthew at Amped.

lindyrig79
    Participant

So did you charge it at the end of a season? It sounds like you just put it away and didn’t touch it. So basically, it’s been sitting rundown for quite a while? Don’t worry though, you won’t find any better service than you get from Matthew at Amped.

Did you read my post? It’s brand new. I haven’t used it once.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Give Amped a call. He will back up that battery or help you with trouble shooting it. Seriously some of the best customer service out there.

lindyrig79
    Participant

I just talked to Matt at Amped. He walked me through a few things and agreed the battery seems defective. He is shipping me a new one hopefully will have it tomorrow and send the old one back to him. Seems like an odd deal but will be happy with service if I have the new one tomorrow.

mojogunter
    Participant

If you don’t get it today I have a lithium battery you can use for your trip. I am in the north metro if needed.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Thanks Mojo

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

I also have one you can borrow from my ice shuttle. 36AH if I remember right. I can’t imagine Brainerd is too far out of your way.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Thank you too RJ. I did receive the battery today so all is well.

ranger680t
    Participant

Sounds like top notch CS. Well done Amped!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.