September 15, 2013 Fishing Report

• FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

The weather has been a roller coaster as has the fishing.The one constant is that the walleyes and smallies are on minnows. Save the crawlers and leeches until next year. #9 count down rapalas in either gold/black, perch or fire tail have been great down in the Beaver Flats Area. This is the time of year that the sharp bends in the old river channels also can be productive.

Musky action has been surprisingly slow, but will most likely pick up soon with the cooler evening temps. Water temps are at about 65 and the TFF is at about 1.5′ below full pool which is excellent for this time of year.

There have been many flocks of mallards and canadian geese passing through the area. Bear hunters have been having success. I will report grouse hunting reports next week after I have talked with local hunters.

Fall colors are at about 15-20% of peak.

Fall is definitely here and Wisconsin’s Scenic Wilderness Waters Area is in all its glory. Please come and enjoy.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Thinking about trying to get one last trip in with camper this year, looking to come up next Wed to Sat, Oct 2-5, was wondering if the Lake of the Falls campground is still open? If not any other campgrounds close by? Just need electric hookup but would be nice if had restrooms open too. TIA

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

I think Lake of the Falls is still open, but you can double check with the Mercer Chamber at 715.476.2389. There are also campsites at Donners Bay, 715.476.2555, and Joe Millers Resort, 715.476.2505.

Good luck! Please post a report.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.