TFF Fishing Report for Aug. 15th, 2013

• FlambeauVista
    Participant
    Park Falls, WI

The last two weeks were a roller coaster with weather fronts and near record low high temps and nightly lows that caused frost in the area. This was my prelude of excuses to say the hot bite has cooled, but not gone completely cold. Instead, anglers have had to stay out on the water a bit longer, which is never a bad thing given the 95% wilderness shoreline on the TFF.

I/16 and 1/8 oz weedless jigs continue to produce when tipped with a 1/2 crawler or large fathead minnow for walleye and smallmouth. Water depths have varied throughout the day from 3′-20’depths. Deeper fish are being found in the bend of the old river channels. Slow moving jigs to the point of dead stick has been producing during the tough times.

Gills, crappies and jumbo perch are being taken off of the cribs throughout the day. Fish one for 15 minutes and move to the next if there is no action.

I have nothing to report on the musky action. I’m not saying that they are not hitting, but I have not heard back from any of our musky guides. Sorry that they are as elusive as the fish.

It looks like the weather patterns will stabalize now, so I hope to give a better report next week.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Sixteen days and counting for our five day trip!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Wow cannot believe the number of 10″-12″ inch walleyes in there. Must of caught 200 between 11 guys. No luck with bigger eyes at all. Did find a few nice crappie and smallies though.

FlambeauVista
    Participant
    Park Falls, WI

Sorry You didn’t tear into the larger eyes. They are there as you know, otherewise you wouldn’t find the smaller ones since the DNR does not stock the TFF given its’ strong natural reproduction. Glad to hear that you locked horns with the smallmouth bass. There are some trophy 20-23″ fish out there begging to be hauled in! There is also a good population of slab crappies. That 17″ crappie caught last January by Pine Island was amazing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.