Adding interior lighting to a competitor 165

• billy03z71
    Participant

So I have a 2020 165 competitor with full walk threw windshield I would like to add some additional lighting to inside as the two factory lights in the boat arnt very helpful at night. Was thinking of maby a led strip under the console on each side but was curious on what others have done recently, thanks for any ideas or tips!

Attachments:
    1. 20200817_165943-1-scaled.jpg

2. 20200817_165943-scaled.jpg

Stanley
    Participant

I had LED strip lights in my old smoker craft (factory installed) and they were ok but didn’t really illuminate the interior so if you put them in I would put as long of strips in as you can. Not the best picture but you can kind of see how it was. They could be white as well.

Attachments:
    1. 589556C6-F621-4D8C-8042-20A20CA06D68-scaled.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I do a lot of night fishing and been in many different boats. The best layouts I have seen so far has been a combination of lights.

White light with enough to illuminate the entire boat for packing up to go back.

Blue or green to light up key areas but placed so they don’t directly shine in your eyes

Having an isolated central spot light we’re it’s easy to re-tie, bump fish,…. Without impacting people in front or back of boat

billy03z71
    Participant

I do a lot of night fishing and been in many different boats. The best layouts I have seen so far has been a combination of lights.

White light with enough to illuminate the entire boat for packing up to go back.

Blue or green to light up key areas but placed so they don’t directly shine in your eyes

Having an isolated central spot light we’re it’s easy to re-tie, bump fish,…. Without impacting people in front or back of boat

The central spot light is what I am looking at trying to accomplish for those exact reasons, out of curiosity have you noticed if the blue or green light is better than the other for not attracting bugs? Thanks for the reply

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.