A little rant!!!!!

• gary d
    Participant
    cordova,il

Oh my god! cottonwood seed are into everything. The neighbor has 3 huge trees. You can even got one in your eye. I know!!!!

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

I have the same issue. When you get home check you AC. I had to shop vac my AC off twice this year because of those trees.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

They sure do plug up your HRV intake pretty quick. I checked mine once a week during Cottonwood season and make sure I keep it cleared

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

life lesson – don’t go around flicking the massive piles that collect on the ground with a lighter. Especially near wooded areas. just managed to avoid a huge mistake as a very young man and not one of my finer moments

tangler
    Inactive

Not to mention they plug up your rod tip!

Charles
    Participant

How about the tree pollen, my yard and everything outside is yellow!

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

A few weeks ago it was the poplars at our cabin. They are even smaller with way more trees. Its like being near a cottonwood EVERYWHERE.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

life lesson – don’t go around flicking the massive piles that collect on the ground with a lighter. Especially near wooded areas. just managed to avoid a huge mistake as a very young man and not one of my finer moments

I’ve done that a couple times. It’s like flash paper.

I definitely do not miss cottonwoods.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Not sure what is worse, cottonwood seeds getting everywhere or the damn maple tree helicopters.

Every time I cut down a tree, I pretend it’s a big, ol’ maple that’s just about to dump 20 quadrillion helicopters on my patio. Die, you b@stard, die.

Grouse

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Yep cottonwood sucks. And so do the little floating popple seeds! Trying to fish a couple of weekends ago and the popple fuzz kept gunking up my line, getting catch in some of the eyelets. chased

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Some afternoons at my place it looks like snow on the ground (people puffy seeds).

B-man
    Participant

Pesky nature…..

BoatsHateMe
    Participant
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I look forward to seeing the cottonwood seeds each year. It means the big northers are coming out to play. Time to go soak a sucker on a weed edge.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Cottonwood trees are nearly useless. I love trees and have planted thousands on our hunting land of various species, by Cottonwood are on my short list of ones I despise. They are useless for burning (minimal BTUs), have minimal value on the timber market, make a mess, kill panfish when they get it caught in their gills, foul fishing line and lures, etc.

I’ll deal with Maple helicopters 100x over instead of cottonwoods

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.