A great story…

• ThunderLund78

Thought this was a great story worth sharing… There are bad people out there, but there’s more good ones. I don’t use TikTok but this guys journey would be fun to follow. I’m sure a bunch of people at least attempt the Itasca to New Orleans paddle every year, glad to see good Minnesotans were able to help him out of his jam so he could continue on. Also refreshing to see social media being used for good:

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/kayaker-gets-dose-of-minnesota-nice-from-tiktok-followers-after-his-gear-is-stolen/?utm_campaign=thumbnails&utm_source=zetaglobal&utm_medium=onsite

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t think MN Nice is going to get him through the St Louis area in a kayak… but I wish him well.

…and way to stand up Minnesota!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Cool story, thanks for sharing ThunderLund

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Uh……..his stuff was stolen in MN and replaced in MN. So…..MN nice, or MN not so nice:)….

ThunderLund78

I don’t think MN Nice is going to get him through the St Louis area in a kayak… but I wish him well.

My Dad and uncle took a 25ft cabin cruiser from Coville Park in Red Wing to the Florida Keys after my dad retired back in 2001. hey had some nice pics of the arch, etc. But they didn’t stop

stevenoak

St Louis, Chicago and Minneapolis are all 4 to 5 1/2 hours from me. We had friends in St Louis, so it was our pick to see as many NHL teams live as possible. Watching states stand on crime. Not sure S.L. is any worse than what I’ve seen out of Minneapolis. There are a lot of great Mid-west folks there. My first trip I realized my exit was in the median, rather than to the right. I turned my turn signal on, and you would have thought Moses held his arms up. We crossed 4 lanes and caught our exit in bumper-to-bumper traffic in a couple hundred yards. Been downtown after the games, never saw any trouble. like any bigger city. You need to know where NOT to go. I wouldn’t stop in East St L. at noon. He will need to watch the commercial boat traffic. River is busy, narrow, swift and not a lot of places to get out of the way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

“I don’t think MN Nice is going to get him through the St Louis area in a kayak… but I wish him well.”

Let me clarify. I was referring to the speed/flow of the river after the Mo and Oh rivers enter the Mississippi. It gets fast and I wouldn’t travel after St Louis in a kayak…not the mention the tow traffic. But to each their own and I wish him well.

From 2021…that’s me in that little boat slightly to the left.

Attachments:
    1. Arch-2021.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

. He will need to watch the commercial boat traffic. River is busy, narrow, swift and not a lot of places to get out of the way.

And that’s exactly what I was getting at. waytogo

ThunderLund78

GREAT PIC
    That’s about the size of the boat my Dad and Uncle took down, BK.

Will do it my self one day!

stevenoak

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stevenoak wrote:</div>
    . He will need to watch the commercial boat traffic. River is busy, narrow, swift and not a lot of places to get out of the way.

And that’s exactly what I was getting at. waytogo

Not the most relaxing place to fish. But my buddy that moved down there caught some really big “Kitties” out of that stretch of the river.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.