A Christmas Bonus

• B-man

Mine came too

mrpike1973

Received my order one box was empty no rod combo I called they are sending another. Boy was I bummed. But I have always had good luck with the company the will make it right. Totally factory sealed

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Thanks for the codes Staples50 worked today. And Bearcat 89 is right they are still making money ! If anything this just boosted their sales straight across the board .

orve4

recieved my order yesterday

Dan
    Southeast MN

If anything this just boosted their sales straight across the board .

I would imagine they’ve had more sales and website traffic because of a “leaked” promo code than they would have without. And now we’re all signed up for their e-mails and they’ll likely have some return customes.

3Rivers

I’d be surprised if anyone is making any money here, especially with free shipping. Most of the times, these employee or VIP codes are equal to about breaking even.
    Not losing money though, and definitely moving/liquidating some inventory.

OG Net_Man

Received my order one box was empty no rod combo I called they are sending another. Boy was I bummed. But I have always had good luck with the company the will make it right. Totally factory sealed

I received one of my orders on Monday. Based on the e-mail rec’d from them on what should have been contained in this shipment I am missing one lure. The package was a padded envelope and nicely sealed so it did not fall out. I sent a e-mail to them on Monday informing them of this shortage. I also sent a 2nd email to them stating that I had 2 additional open orders with them that they could just send the missing lure in one of these 2 shipments to save on shipping.

They have not responded yet….. A e-mail should be just fine for correspondence to receive a response but maybe I need to call them…..

I hate to be a pest but I will see if they respond today. They most likely are busy but if 2 days go by with out a response I would consider it as a customer service failure….

Dan
    Southeast MN

Terry K-

FYI I had a very similar experience to yours. Ordered two ice rod/reed combos. The e-mails I received about my order being shipped always showed both. When my package arrived (very quickly as others have stated) it only had one combo. I went back to my confirmation e-mail and there was a link to contact them if there were problems, so I did right away. That was last Friday and I figured maybe they didn’t have a lot of people around for customer service on the weekend. Monday came and went and I heard nothing, so I sent another e-mail Monday morning. I would have tried calling but I couldn’t find a phone number on any of my e-mails or their website. After getting the vibe that I wasn’t going to hear back from them I found on their website they had a “contact us” page where you leave your info and a message. I explained the situation and that I had sent them three e-mails. I also stated that since I had not received what I had paid for and was not receiving any follow-up, if I did not hear from them I would dispute the charge with the credit card company. Later that day (yesterday) I received an e-mail simply stating that some items in my order had been refunded, and after checking my credit card my account was credited. So it was all made right, but the lack of communication seemed awful sketchy to me. This is just my experience, again I’ll say that their stuff seems to ship out awful fast, but dealing with them if there’s a problem seemed awful challenging.

mojogunter

I ordered 4 different times. One order was missing a fishing reel. Very similar experience as Dan. I have sent 2 emails since last Friday and I haven’t heard anything back. I will also send one more threatening a dispute with my CC company. I figure they are really busy, but after 5 days is too long without a response.

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

Unless something big is afoot I think everybody is fine. I’ve been a fan of Fenwick rods (owned by Pure Fishing) and have had 2 warranty claims (completely self-inflected damage) in the past 2 years, and in both cases email correspondence took forever but once it did they followed through. In the second case, they accidentally sent the wrong replacement. They told me to keep that rod (a nice HMG) and then sent me the next gen version of my spinning rod AND a matching baitcasting rod to make up for the delays.

That said my experience is that response time in the fishing industry is terrible overall; I broke a St. Croix this early spring and after one automated response putting me in a queue, it took THREE MONTHS for an actual human response. Once you actual have a human on the case it always goes well but it seems they are all understaffed.

That said I haven’t heard a peep on any of my orders after the initial automated reply )

OG Net_Man

I have never had the luxury of working in a industry that lack of reasonable response times for customer service was not a death wish for the company.

If I have to wait several weeks for assistance then I would expect at least a few bonus lures sent my way for the aggravation.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Maybe they prioritize the customers paying full rates?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That said my experience is that response time in the fishing industry is terrible overall; I broke a St. Croix this early spring and after one automated response putting me in a queue, it took THREE MONTHS for an actual human response.

My experience with St Croix is the exact opposite. I’ve had two rods break (one under warranty, one past it). They allowed me to pay the upgrade price on a 10 year old rod past its 5 year warranty to get a brand new one a few years ago. So I ended up with a new rod that costed me about $55. The other one I simply brought back to the retail store I bought it from for a replacement. I’ve never been a big fan of buying certain items like fishing rods online because I’ve had them show up broken. I prefer to buy them in store. Plus it allows me to pick them up, hold them, and inspect them before purchasing.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe they prioritize the customers paying full rates?

That business model is destined to succeed for a clearance center…. coffee crazy doah jester

stevenoak

Think if they wanted it to be employees only. They could require an employee #. Given the majority of the products come from China, or their factory direct. 50% off still gives them a pretty good margin of profit. At Farm and Fleet last time I was there, sporting goods in {a RETAIL STORE}. Half the stuff was 40% off. It’s already started. But I look to see companies reducing inventory. Inflation and debt have crippled a lot of people. I was in a sports shop, the owner told me it’s becoming more common to have people present 3 credit cards. Looking for one with $10 left on it.

mrpike1973

Got my combo on Saturday. Very nice! Thanks again.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Thanks for the heads-up, that certainly took a little heat off the Christmas budget this year!

FWIW: A quick Google search shows that Essendant, which is a food service company, is owned by the same private equity firm as Pure Fishing, Sycamore Partners. I’m sure this code wasn’t intended for use by general public but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

I got my Pure Fishing order in today. I might go back again. Staples50 worked for me.

I looked at some of Sycamore’s other companies. I was hoping the same code would work at Staples. No joy. It takes a numbered code.

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>
    Thanks for the heads-up, that certainly took a little heat off the Christmas budget this year!

FWIW: A quick Google search shows that Essendant, which is a food service company, is owned by the same private equity firm as Pure Fishing, Sycamore Partners. I’m sure this code wasn’t intended for use by general public but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

I got my Pure Fishing order in today. I might go back again. Staples50 worked for me.

I looked at some of Sycamore’s other companies. I was hoping the same code would work at Staples. No joy. It takes a numbered code.

I just tried NBG50 and that is still an active code

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Tried that code last night and no go. Maybe it’s over.

mrpike1973

I tried as well said code used already oh well very happy with what I bought.

OG Net_Man

I have been telling myself that I already own more fishing tackle then I will ever need for the balance of my life but it was hard to pass up a good deal.

After placing and receiving several orders I only had problems with one shipment with missing product. Since Monday 12-12-22 I have sent them 4 e-mails with no response. It is only a small ticket item but I am just surprised by the lack of a response.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Thought i give it a try the last day of sale . So far tried every code in the post . No luck . Anyone order lately ?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

HAs anyone found any new codes? I seem to have forgotten to get a few things

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Now that I have finally dug myself out of debt from the last promo sale, anyone have a new code for 2024?

Viewing 24 posts - 91 through 114 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.