A Cabin At The Parkway?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No kidding! I was surprised to find out that the Parkway Motel in Red Wing has a cabin and Room #25 that is set up as “fishermen’s rooms” along with single rooms for one or two folks.

Whether you’re spending the night with me catfishing or coming to the Red Wing area for a few days with a group, the ParkWay has the right room for you!

All rooms come with linen and pillows.
    WIFI
    Clean rooms
    With City water
    Park your rig right outside your door.
    There’s a number of restaurants very close by including Bayside Tap and Steakhouse.
    Friendly owners that cater to everyone including fishermen!
    Check them out!

Parkway Motel
    3425 Highway 61 West
    Red Wing, MN 55066
    651-388-8231

Attachments:
    1. Cabin-1.jpeg

2. 25.jpeg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The Parkway is an older motel, but it’s clean and well maintained.

Attachments:
    1. Parkway-25-Bath.jpeg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Free boat launching at Bay Point Park, Colville Park and a WI Backchannel launch maintained by Pierce County Parks at $5 per day for $30.00 per year.

Planning a Feb/March/April trip to Pool 4?
    Make reservations now as these months are filling fast!

Parkway Motel
    3425 Highway 61 West
    Red Wing, MN 55066
    651-388-8231

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1519.jpg

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Nice report BK on the PARKWAY AN THE AREAS AROUND RED WING.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I thought I would bring this up again because of the weather and bite.

For fishermen that want to move their dates because of weather or the bite hasn’t started yet, give the Parkway or the Super 8 a try in Red Wing!

Starting at $69.00 a night with linens, your deposit can be moved to a later date as well as refunded.

Angie (1/2 of the ownership) knows how to win your business. Just need to give her a chance! She’s at the Parkway 651-388-8231 and will help make reservations at either motel.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Wow. $69 a night is quite bargain. I’ve stayed in places for much more and couldn’t wait to leave. This looks like an accommodating clean place.

I would ask the owners if BK had scheduled the night before…flathead slim might linger.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Angie (1/2 of the ownership) knows how to win your business. Just need to give her a chance! She’s at the Parkway 651-388-8231 and will help make reservations at either motel.

So Brian, does that mean that Parkway and the Super 8 “franchisee” are the same ownership? Just curious. I’m still hoping to stay at Parkway September 22nd. wink

I have over the years stayed at various “ma and pa” motels and actually prefer them. There is that nostalgia that goes back to when I was a young lad and there was an abundance of “Motor Lodges” or even “Motor Courts”…The definition of a motor court is a motel. An example of a motor court is an inexpensive place where people stay while on vacation.

Attachments:
    1. motor-court.jpg

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Not to be a “curmudgeon” here but ive always stayed at the Super 8 with slightly lower rates plus they have a hot tub, pool, (which i never use either) and a continental breakfast. Worrying about pillow cases and linens have never been a concern. Plus they have a TV, Shower, soap, and towels. Again, not trying to sound like an arss here but am i missing something? I am no way affiliated with the Super8 but was just curious as I am always looking for the best bang for my buck! I’m always interested in trying new places to stay

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Not to be a “curmudgeon” here but ive always stayed at the Super 8 with slightly lower rates plus they have a hot tub, pool, (which i never use either) and a continental breakfast. Worrying about pillow cases and linens have never been a concern. Plus they have a TV, Shower, soap, and towels. Again, not trying to sound like an arss here but am i missing something? I am no way affiliated with the Super8 but was just curious as I am always looking for the best bang for my buck! I’m always interested in trying new places to stay

Not at all being a “curmudgeon”. I would suppose that a Super 8 is just a modern day current version of an old motel (motor court). Remember Travel Lodge…with the sleepwalking bear?

I have found that comfort in low budget lodging when it is clean, comfortable, and provides all that you would need or want.

I’m less comfortable when I check in at the front desk and they’re wearing a tie, polished vest, or some kind of suit. eek

One thing I would like to see again…when they hand you a key to your room…not another card to swipe. doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So Brian, does that mean that Parkway and the Super 8 “franchisee” are the same ownership? Just curious. I’m still hoping to stay at Parkway September 22nd.

That is correct Andy. Angie and her hubby own them both.

I know the Super 8 lists a lower price then “starting at $69.00” on it’s website, but I grouped the prices together for ease of my old brain to remember them. I figured people would be happier to get that type of surprise. )

Either way, you’ll be staying at a clean, comfortable room (or the stand alone cabin at the Parkway) for a very attractive price.

Check out their deposit policy for fishermen!
    If you want to leave early, there isn’t any “fine print”.

BTW The Super 8 has card keys. When we were at the Parkway, I was handed a real key.

Check them out, they want to win your business!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I would ask the owners if BK had scheduled the night before…flathead slim might linger.

The fam and I stayed at the Super 8 over Superbowl weekend. All the girls liked the pool and whirlpool. I stayed out of the water to keep said slim intact. )

robby
    Quad Cities

The icing on the cake to any of these hotels would be fish cleaning facilities.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about the Super 8, but the Parkway has one. Water once it thaws out too.

catmando
    wis

Thanks Brian, was thinking about coming down for a spell,is the parkway a boat safe area,withn reason? DK.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Park your boat within eyesight of your room. waytogo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.