Bowfishing report 07/05/10

• suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

With the high water the carp are back in the backwaters and are very shootable!!! The key is finding clean enough water so they can be seen. Thats what I did this morning not a stones throw up river from Everts resort. I was able to shoot about 20 carp in three hours and missed many more. I had a crack at a gar as well but they are hard to hit!!!

Its a good thing you showed up when you did BK or there might have been a few “let go” under your camper!

If you get out, good luck, be safe, and let me know how you do!

Josh

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Is that on Oneida you are shooting? If so, I didn’t think they were still around, lol.

Bowfishing is a blast. I still have my carp bow but have not used it in close to 10 years now

john_steinhauer
    p4

thanks now i got the itch now its just a matter of trying to get out thanks for the update

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Been wondering where you have been this year. Thanks for the report. Keep slaying them.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Is that on Oneida you are shooting? If so, I didn’t think they were still around, lol.

Yep thats an old Tomcat II. They work great as bowfishing bows and the company still produces some bowfishing specific bows. Osprey

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Still trying to get out unfortnately.

Good to see somebody is hitting a few.

Thanks for posting.

Al

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Nice work!! What was the biggest fish?

mncarpediem

Anyone still at it? Took out a friend last night and he managed to shoot 16 commons that almost filled up a barrel. many were in the mid 20’s with a couple at the 30 mark. I watched him miss one that would have gone high 30’s… Unfortunately I still am out of shooting commission for the rest of the year. Some of the best fishing is yet to come for those who can shake off the chilly nights!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.