8th Annual Officer Schneider Memorial Fishing Tourmament

• jimmysiewert

The entry’s are now available for the 8th Annual Officer Schneider Memorial Fishing Tournament, held out of Lake City, Pool 4 on July 14, 2018. This great event has raised $30,000 over the last 7 years in scholarships for kids wanting to go into a law enforcement career – in memory of Officer Schneider whom lost his life in the line of duty.
    Not only is the fishing excellent, but the best part is the free walleye dinner with all the trimmings afterwards at the Lake City Sportsman’s Club. We will again be having some fantastic raffles, etc. We would love not only for the past participants, but new participants to join in this year! Feel free to contact me at 651-448-3255 with questions.

Thanks and looking forward to this great event!

Jimmy Siewert

Attachments:
    1. Slide2.gif

2. Slide1.gif

jimmysiewert

Just a quick update that we are currently at 30 plus boats and it is looking like another fantastic turnout! I will be sending out confirmation letters for all that have already entered by the end of this week. If you have not fished this tournament in the past – give it a try this year!

Jimmy Siewert

jimmysiewert

We will be accepting entry’s starting at 5:00 am at fiesta foods parking lot in lake city this Saturday. Come join in at this great tournament for a great cause!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Are there any thoughts or interests in switching this event to an AIM – style catch, record, and release event in years to come?

I support the event and cause, but don’t fish any local “catch and keep” tournaments. With today’s technology, it’s easy to have the element of competition without keeping fish.

Best of luck to everyone involved. Thanks to all that help make the event a reality. Wear your PFDs…the river is still quite high and your family won’t care how “cool” or “tough” you look if your body is fished from the water.

jimmysiewert

At this time, we have not considered an AIM style tournament. Not saying we would not consider in the future however. One of the big draws of this tournament is the fish fry and banquet after the tournament. All fish are cleaned and the lake city sportsmans club & Frontenac Sportsmans clubprepares the fish for all the volunteers, anglers and their families – and is a wonderful event and fundraiser for a great cause. Thank you very much however for giving your thoughts. I will bring this up to the committee after this years event.

Jim

Jimmy
    Maplewood

We had to take off following the weight in. Can you post the weight in results please. Thank you.

Linda Bruegger

It would be great if the winners were posted on your site! Thank you to everyone involved in this even. It is a fantastic way to honor my fallen cousin and keep his memory alive. This is something you can be proud of!
    LRB

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’d be interested if there was enough walleye and sauger (or saugeye) caught to serve everyone for the post tournament fish fry? whistling

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

There were plenty of fish caught to serve everyone. I think the winners had close to 26 pounds and I believe 17.8 lbs was the final payout spot.

riverruns
    Inactive

There were plenty of fish caught to serve everyone. I think the winners had close to 26 pounds and I believe 17.8 lbs was the final payout spot.

Awesome: waytogo:That’s a great way too finish off the day. toast

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.