7/4-7/11 Kab Report

• empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

First time on Kab so we hired a guide at the beginning of the trip for a half day, was worth it. We found active fish on small humps 14-17 ft, morning and evening (midday was for boat rides and watersports). We used lindy rigs moving slowly to begin with but with 4-5 in the boat switched over to slip bobbers with a leech and had better luck. Fish fry’s everyday and lots of fish 20″-25″. Made a couple trips to Kettle Falls, what a great body of water. Already looking to get back up this fall!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Thanks for the report! Heading up Saturday morning for a week on Namakan. Can’t wait!!!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

First time on Kab so we hired a guide at the beginning of the trip for a half day, was worth it. We found active fish on small humps 14-17 ft, morning and evening (midday was for boat rides and watersports). We used lindy rigs moving slowly to begin with but with 4-5 in the boat switched over to slip bobbers with a leech and had better luck. Fish fry’s everyday and lots of fish 20″-25″. Made a couple trips to Kettle Falls, what a great body of water. Already looking to get back up this fall!

Can I ask what guide you used? My in-laws are headed up and are intereested. thank you

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Anytime.
    When are they going up? Targeting Walleye or just a normal vacation, sightseeing ect?

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

We used Travis Carlson, he did a nice job.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

We go up in about a month and have booked Travis. Glad to hear he does a good job. This will be our 4th time up, but we have never been there in later summer. I am sure the lake fishes a lot different than Mid-june when we typically are there.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Travis is good, you might end up in Namakan. grin

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Do you think the guides mind of you chat with them for a couple minutes while at the dock or would they get annoyed by people doing that?

I saw both Travis and Dom at the gas dock while up there, but didn’t want to bother them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Chat away, they are easy to get along with. Just don’t expect them to give up any spots for free. grin

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Ha! Yeah, I’d never ask for spots, just ideas on how to approach fishing the lakes. Especially when the water was hovering around 80 degrees or better.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would guess you saw Dom at ATL and Travis at Ash-Ka-Nam?

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

I saw Dom a couple times at ATL. He and Travis were both there together one time. My guess is they teamed up on guiding a bigger group that day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.