5-10 seconds

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Stop what you are doing, close your eyes and give thanks for all those who sacrificed to give us what we enjoy today.

Freedom is not free.

Sharon
    SE Metro

In memory of many, in honor of all.

Attachments:
    1. Picsart_23-05-29_08-50-55-774-scaled.jpg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

“When you see ol Glory flying, there’s allot of men dead, so we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head….”

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Stop what you are doing, close your eyes and give thanks for all those who sacrificed to give us what we enjoy today.

Freedom is not free.

applause

stevenoak

Our small town of 1800 has a wonderful observance every year. The 4th grade class did a fantastic job on the anthem. Take that over some grammy winning egomaniac trying to reinvent it any day. Good friends’ daughter that just became a Major was the featured speaker. Better turn out than prior years, but still would like to see more people take an hour out of their day. God Bless our members of the military, Veterans and their families!!

Umy
    South Metro

This is late but got homelate yesterday.
    THANKS TO ALL OF OUR VETS!!
    Every year for Memorial Day and Christmas we attend the Ft. Snelling event.
    Very cool. MY youngest (24) grudgingly agreed to go with – we had a great time, went to a bunch of different parts of the cemetery, asked a lot of questions and when we got home he wanted to watch the Band of Brothers marathon.

Good question from him: “I am worried that this generation has not seen any wars or been part of anything like that ( thank God) . What are we gonna do when it’s time to step up and these kids think oh, we aren’t gonna do that” “Is freedom Free”?
    He’s got an excellent point.

Attachments:
    1. Ft-Snelling-My-2023-1-scaled.jpg

2. Ft.-Snelling-May-2023-2-scaled.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.