360 hook up

• vtec
    Participant

Brand new to the mega 360 party here, but a little late.
    Here’s the set up:

Helix 10 mega SI+ on the console with a y splitter connected to SI and high speed transducers on the transom.

Now this year i’m also adding a new helix 9 mega SI+ to the console and plan to us it as a dedicated unit for the new mega 360 universal mount.
    All this will be connect to the ethernet system along with the ulterra link.
    My question is: will I be able to share screens from the 10″ unit to the 9″ unit without running any more transducers for the 9?
    If i’m not running the 360 I would like to have the ability to see 2D,DI,and SI on the 9″ also.

For an old guy trying to keep up with the new tec I was doing ok until I now added the 360 and the ethernet. Lol.

Any info from people in the know will be much appreciated.

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

If you networked through a ethernet switch you should be able to see everything on either unit. On each unit you will go to the menu network tab and setup the source for SI, DI, 2D and M360.

Michael Best
    Participant

Sounds like your on the right path.
    FYI If you want to read depth on the 360 it will have to be networked to the other unit. 360 doesn’t read depth. Also if you want to drop waypoints on the 360 you will need an external puck.
    I found this out after spotting a pod of walleyes on it and couldn’t waypoint them. Lol

vtec
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Michael.
    Yes, both units will be connected to the ethernet netword along with the ulterra. The ulterra has a heading sensor of its own, will that also take the place of a seperate one for the 360?

vtec
    Participant

Thanks Gismoguy. toast

Michael Best
    Participant

Is your ulterra a Link version? If so then yes that will work. You will just have to run an Ethernet cord to the Ethernet switch and then connect your helix 9 to the I link in the network screen.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

As mentioned this will all work on the Helix 9 set up the way you mentioned will be reading the transducer on the transom. If you want 2D, DI, ( SI will come from the Mega 360 ) from the front then you will need a transducer on the trolling motor and a Y cable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.