20ga Remington Accutip Availability?

• Justin Schneider (Woods & Water Insurance)
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

Long shot here I know but does anyone have a box or 2 of 3” 20ga Remington Accutips that they’re willing to part with? Looking to upgrade scopes on my 220 Savage and I’m down to 8 shells left which puts a damper on this plan. PM me a price if anyone has a box or 2 they’re willing to sell and I’m more than happy to compensate you fairly for them as I know how tough they are to come by.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Not sure if you’ve tried them yet, but I had good results with the Federal Trophy Copper. 1/2” groups at 100 yards from a bench/lead sled. I had a buddy with similar results. Found them at Bills in Isle. Not sure if they still have any. I seen some on Ammoseak.com off and on this summer. I seen 12 gauge accutips this summer a few places. But every place I asked for 20ga laughed.

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

I’ve seen 3″ accutips a few places but 2 3/4″ no.
    FF had some. Gunbroker usually has some.
    I have 2 left in 3″. I could never get a good pattern with them.

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I’ve seen 3″ accutips a few places but 2 3/4″ no.
    FF had some. Gunbroker usually has some.
    I have 2 left in 3″. I could never get a good pattern with them.

Where have you seen them? None at FF lately.

Justin Schneider (Woods & Water Insurance)
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

I was actually able to find 2 2/4″ Accutips at Click Click Boom in Waverly, MN but the 3″ Accutips continue to elude me. Might have to try the Federal Trophy Coppers as I just found out that the Special Hunt I drew is not allowing any lead ammunition to be used. I would love to get my hands on some 3″ Barnes Vor-Tx Expanders but they’re just as rare as 3″ Accutips these days.

MNdrifter
    Participant

FYI St. Cloud Runnings has 20 ga 2 3/4” Hornaday SST sabots. Limit one box/visit. You have to ask for them. They are keeping them behind the counter. Willing to bet other Runnings have them also. Not accutips, but if your in a pinch as youth and early antlerles starts tomorrow.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anybody happen to have 410 slugs they want to sell?

TMF89
    Participant

You can find some 20 gauge sabot slugs on Gun Broker if you want to pay $40 a box or more, and I saw two boxes of Federals at Joe’s a few weeks ago. Those are the only boxes I’ve seen in person in a longgggg time, and I always check the shelves when I go to the stores. Heard from a guy who knows a guy at Federal that they’ve switched a ton of lines over to 5.56 and 7.62. And Remington being in the situation they’re in makes finding anymore Accutips a dicey proposition. I’m hoping to switch over to Barnes, I have a couple boxes I need to try in my 220. I’ve heard that the Barnes Vor-TXs are the same bullet that the old Remington Expanders that everyone loved had, and that Barnes makes the rest of the shell as close to that/the Accutips as possible. Current bid on 25 shells is about $255 on Gun Broker!

Participant
    Hugo, MN

You can find some 20 gauge sabot slugs on Gun Broker if you want to pay $40 a box or more, and I saw two boxes of Federals at Joe’s a few weeks ago. Those are the only boxes I’ve seen in person in a longgggg time, and I always check the shelves when I go to the stores. Heard from a guy who knows a guy at Federal that they’ve switched a ton of lines over to 5.56 and 7.62. And Remington being in the situation they’re in makes finding anymore Accutips a dicey proposition. I’m hoping to switch over to Barnes, I have a couple boxes I need to try in my 220. I’ve heard that the Barnes Vor-TXs are the same bullet that the old Remington Expanders that everyone loved had, and that Barnes makes the rest of the shell as close to that/the Accutips as possible. Current bid on 25 shells is about $255 on Gun Broker!

I just bought 5 boxes of the 3” Barnes Vor-Tx expanders on gun broker last week for roughly $11 a round. Today was the first time shooting them out of my 220 and they flew quite well compared to my 3” accutips.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Geeze, those Barns expanders were on ammoseek all last summer for $15/box of 5. I held out looking for Accutips to sight in my new 220. Ended up settling on the Federals when I found them on the shelf is isle.

Participant
    Hugo, MN

Geeze, those Barns expanders were on ammoseek all last summer for $15/box of 5. I held out looking for Accutips to sight in my new 220. Ended up settling on the Federals when I found them on the shelf is isle.

Were these the 3″ 20ga shells? I saw the 12ga 2&3/4s on there quite often but I definitely missed this “deal” lol.

Robert Harris
    Participant

I just bought 5 boxes of the 3” Barnes Vor-Tx expanders on gun broker last week for roughly $11 a round. Today was the first time shooting them out of my 220 and they flew quite well compared to my 3” accutips.

11$ a round sounds really expensive..

disco bobber
    Participant

Can we get rid of the slug zone or at least allow straight-walled rifles as more and more other states are? This is getting ridiculous.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Can we get rid of the slug zone or at least allow straight-walled rifles as more and more other states are? This is getting ridiculous.

I have no problem finding ammo for my AR pistol for deer hunting whistling

Jeff mattingly
    Participant
    Lonsdale, Mn

Scheels Eden Prairie today

Attachments:
    1. 20221028_103924-scaled.jpg

MNdrifter
    Participant

That’s a steel compared to $8/round on ammoseek!! Buy up boys!!

Attachments:
    1. 46279A41-38C1-4835-A795-3C1400FC8B09.png

ThunderLund78
    Participant

I also shoot a 220 and love it, but hate the annual search and the ever-increasing price of rounds. I’m not exactly in-favor of it but part of me wishes they’d just legalize rifles in So. MN so it would be easier to find ammo. Shotgun slug ammo is an increasingly niche market, it seems.

disco bobber
    Participant

5 rounds are being sold for about the price of a box of 20 regular rifle cartridges. 5+ dollars every time you squeeze the trigger. Now more people will be going out without sighting in properly or practicing. The slug market is becoming smaller and smaller as more state enact straight-wall regs. It is overdue to at least make straight-wall rifles legal.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Found the mother load in Iowa City, Iowa. Had some time between baseball tournament to run into Scheeles. I’m not sure how many I can legally travel across state lines with, but I have that many. Lol.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3629-scaled.jpeg

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wow. That’s a nice find.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Scheels in Rochester had a full shelf full of them yesterday. Along with hornady’s

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Every where I have been the shelves have been stocked. All the way from mimbach hardwear the 3 fleet farms to both scheels.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Fleet farm had the for 19.99 yesterday when I was there.

Riverrat
    Participant

Sometimes the trick with Fleet Farm is to get an associate to check the stock with a scanner for you. They get huge shipments sometimes only once so they may have more of the Accutips and some of the other mass produced popular shells in back,

kidfish
    Participant

A friend just bought a Savage 220 at Capra’s and he said they had a bunch of boxes of 20 gauge 3 inch Accutips.
    No matter what others say, there’s no other slug that can reach out like Accutip does. 150 yards is easy and if you’re good, 200 is reachable with accuracy.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Does any one shoot the 2 3/4 inch accutip? Are you seeing the same accuracy as the 3 within the 150 yard range ?. The lady picked me up 5 boxes the other day because she found them but they are 2 3/4 and not the 3s. Just wondering how they shoot compared to the 3s

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.