2050VS Reata Seat Height

• Adam Steffes

I have a 2013 2050 Reata and have a couple dash mounted displays and then have a trolling motor on the bow. The combination of all of it leaves me wanting a bit higher seating position to have decent visibility. I am 6’8 tall and I still find myself putting a knee on the seat to see what’s going on. My wife refuses to operate the boat because she can’t see at all. Wondering if anyone knows of an adjustable height seat post or one a guy could cut to the desired length? Adjustable would be good too for wife vs myself but not absolutely necessary. I would like a couple inches more height at minimum. Obviously if you go too high you lose the protection of the windshield but I would like something where it can be dialed in a bit. I included a pic of the operator point of view with the graph removed so you can see what I see.

Thoughts?

Attachments:
    1. EE4420BD-7E3D-4DA2-817A-F4B8F98ACA97.png

Norsky

You might have to move your graph down to the original spot that was set up initially on the boat, I have the same thing with mine (old Humminbird spot), I may move it down next year though to improve my visibility. There’s a bracket that can be used to mount pretty much any graph in that space, I’m not sure if I’ll like it being that low though. I’m sure someone out there must make a taller seat post, or switch it out to one of the smooth moves vibration reduction seats, those probably have some more height adjustment

Attachments:
    1. 831E312F-FACE-4111-AE5A-7C19CA7E846F-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.