2022 Spring Turkey Hunt

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Season A is just over a week away. Let’s hear about your strategies, success, failures, and whatever else related to this spring’s turkey hunt right here.

I’m intending to go during season B. Turned in for a couple days off and plan to hunt April 20-25.

Gerty

I will be going Season A. Putting blinds out this weekend after the rain this week. Hoping for some decent weather next week, but so far the extended doesn’t look that great.

steelslinger71

Thinking I am going season B as the weather midweek next week looks a little shaky. Shot mine last year in the last season so if I don’t get one in the B season it just means I will get to hunt some more. They are starting to break up from their winter flocks and just starting to show up in their spring spots. Can’t wait.

JEREMY
    BP

Thats the nice part about not having to apply in december. Can watch the weather forecast then decide when to go.

Gitchi Gummi

I’ll be doing season D and hunting about an hour west of Duluth.. Can’t believe the number of turkeys we have on camera in the area.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Group decision for Season A because of the Holiday and work.
    3 Blinds on the in-laws property and we’ll play musical chairs until hopefully everyone has had success.
    Blinds will get set up on or close to a field edge.

If its going to be cold in the mornings I think I’ll stick to the afternoon hunts. Worked out pretty well for me last year.

Brad Dimond

I’ll be doing season D and hunting about an hour west of Duluth.. Can’t believe the number of turkeys we have on camera in the area.

We grouse hunt and deer hunt a few miles southeast of Cotton in St. Louis County. In the past five years we see many turkeys in person and on trail cams. Never thought I’d see the day they were running around in the popple/jack pine woods.

Gitchi Gummi

Brad, the turkey population around where we hunt, near Floodwood, is incredible! I never saw turkeys in this area growing up but now they seem to be everywhere. Everytime we pull trail camera cards, they are filled with pictures like this

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9919.jpg

2. Image-1.jpg

3. image0000.jpg

4. IMG_5524.jpg

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Will be putting a couple blinds out hopefully next weekend. Plan is to try whack one at some point with the bow, hunting our farm in Mahtowa. Piles and piles of them on trail camera pics like some of you have mentioned.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Staying close to home. Once again thanks to Steve Fellegy. Watching the weather as well. Told the kid it would be warmer then deer hunting

WishIwasWiser

Put the blind out last weekend. Bow hunting and trying the Magnus Bullhead this year. (Aka the flying guillotine)

Not sure how much I’ll hunt because the fly fishing had been so good. (Keyword ‘had’)

Attachments:
    1. 9A6CE8EC-20CC-429B-96BB-0D42FE7EEB98-scaled.jpeg

FinickyFish

I’ve got a 5 days to hunt season A in 503. Wednesday will be storming so will try to scout that evening. Then sneak close to the woods next day and start calling. Don’t have the luxury for a lot of scouting since I live far away from the land I hunt, but I make up for it by taking work off and giving myself a solid amount of time not to rush things. It’s a strip of land along a river so can start at one end and work my way along it. If things are grim I start hitting the public pieces.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.