2022 Skeeter WX2200 battery and GPS questions

• Ron Rogers
    Participant

I’ve ordered a new WX2200 and had a few questions if any of the members can respond to them:

1) What batteries come standard with the WX2200?

2) I asked the factory to move the white GPS puck from the starboard side and in front of the windshield to the forward bow area, right next to the Minnkota Ulterra motor. Is there any down side to installing the GPS puck in this location. I need the original location flush, so I can step onto the boat from my dock lift.

Any pro’s or con’s is appreciated

Ron

Chris Messerschmidt
    Participant
    Minnesota

I believe the dealer you bought the boat from usually installs that. At least that’s the way it was on my last skeeter, I may be wrong.

I think they use interstates as well.

I am pulling the factory batteries out of my 2022 2200 and have Lithium’s waiting to go in it along with the Power Pole Charge.

Musky Ed
    Participant

Chris,I see the new Minkota precision chargers now have a specific setting for lithium. Looks like they increased the charge voltage .1 volt, and changed the float area or something. I wonder if the new boats comming in will have the new charger? After boating with me in my 2200, my son has a new 2060 on order, so I’m really interested in seeing how it comes through. As to the puck mounting, here is where they mounted mine. Don’t see how this location would be in the way of anything. And batteries are dealer installed. I would think you would get a credit if you didn’t want them.

Attachments:
    1. 20211029_091042.jpg

Ron Rogers
    Participant

Chris..thanks for the quick response…I really don’t know the difference between the standard batteries and Lithium’s….I had a Skeeter Solara 205 with 4 batteries and never really had any issues…I used the boatfor
    3 seasons, about 4 to 5 times a week and maybe 4 to 6 hours per day. If there was any big advantage to using Lithiums, now would be the time for me to tell the dealer to upgrade them.

Again, any advice is welcomed

Ron

Chris Messerschmidt
    Participant
    Minnesota

Ron,

In your case I probably would not spend the money to upgrades to lithiums.

A lithium has its full voltage from 100-0 percent giving you almost double the run time.

A regular battery will start to fade around 50%. For your application though of 4-6 hours; heck even 8 you will be just fine with the regular batteries.

I will probably put my puck on the back driver side gunnel at least for my point 1 (Lowrance). For the Ultrex I am undecided. Up by the drivers windshield like in the picture above might not be a bad option.

Ron Rogers
    Participant

CHRIS,

Thanks for the info on the batteries and the quick response time.

Ron

Johnie Birkel
    Participant
    South metro

I would assume the farther from the head the better for the puck until it runs out of blue tooth range, so why move it. My tracks still fit just fine.

Dean Marshall
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Ron, Skeeter does not do the batteries at factory. Your dealer will do that with you. If you are running several graphs I would suggest you go to the biggest AGM they have.
    Enjoy your new boat !

Ron Rogers
    Participant

Thanks for the advice…I told my dealer to upgrade the new boat to
    the proper AGM batteries.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.