2022 NFL General Discussion

• B-man
    Participant

Where are the Packer faithful? wave devil

Yea Brady should work on his marriage!!

We’re just doing what Vikings fans do most years…..Drinking and shaking our heads jester

Still a lot of ball to play, but it ain’t looking good lol

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Can’t say that I saw that result coming last night. I selected the Patriots this week in my eliminator challenge and was terminated. Fields was running wild out there last night. Not sure why Belicheck and the defense didn’t adjust to that at the half either. I can’t even count how many times the Bears had 3rd and long and they converted.

The Bears now have the same amount of wins at the Packers!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

i see where the packers/ bills game is the sunday nite game…….its gonna be fun to watch the bills pummel the packers!!!!! devil rotflol

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

i see where the packers/ bills game is the sunday nite game…….its gonna be fun to watch the bills pummel the packers!!!!! devil rotflol

Lol did you see that cartoon and music that NBC put up on “stinky cheese?” in the first quarter? rotflol

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Is there a packers thread? I have not looked hard enough but if not

Attachments:
    1. OTn6N-1635519411-210504-blog-packers-cardinals-face.jpg

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Actually thought the Packers hung in there pretty well in the second half. The outcome of the game was never in doubt, but they forced two interceptions and made it a 10 point game. Maybe the Bills were sandbagging already a little too. Seems like the only playmaker they have on offense is Aaron Jones.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

The Packers were on the road without x3 WRs, a Pro Bowl O-lineman, an all-pro ILB, their other rookie starting ILB, and kept it within 10 points at the end. They also rushed for over 200 yards and put up the most yards the Bills have had against them all year. Not to mention, they covered the spread for me… woot on a $25 bet.

The team isn’t good which is obvious, but they will get better as the year goes on with all the young pieces. I see them notching a 9-8 record or so and not in the playoffs. They are the type of team that could randomly beat anyone in the league, and could lose to anyone in the league the following week. Frustrating as a fan, but at least they’re not the Texans.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I’m a huge Vikings fan, I have a lot of positive things to say about this weekend, but at no point this season have I ever thought they’d beat the Bills. I’d be happy if they played a game staying within 3 possessions like the Packers did all game. I could see it going the way of the Philly game where the Vikings get down early and are never really in it.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I was surprised the Pack kept it that close, I shut it off at halftime. The Packers need to run the offense thru Aaron Jones, he’s easily their best player on offense, and he can catch it. They should be getting him more touches running and catching the ball as he’s better than anyone else they run out at the slot. On a related note, I hit the superfecta Vikes Win, Bears Lost, Pack Lost, and both FF teams won. Great start to the week! rotflol

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

The Eagles are favored by 14.5 points on the road at Houston tonight. Its the biggest spread favoring a road team in Thursday Night Football history.

Is it just me or do the Eagles and their fanbase annoy anyone else? They think they’re tough sh**. Can’t stand em. Hope the Texans pull a massive upset.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

It’s not Philly fans. It’s a East coast mentality. I see it alot in my dealings with New Yorkers, New Jersey ect. they want to push all the time. I’ve had guys tell me how to run my business before. I’ve told them to scratch a big check to me or else we were doing things my way.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I agree with you both. I can’t say I have a lot of experience with east coast people in general but the ones I have do seem to be a level beyond assertive, and I think they know that and it’s part of their mantra.

One of my old high school football coaches went to a Twins game at Yankee Stadium in a Twins jersey. He had decent seats in the home plate area and was told he was lucky he wasn’t citing in the outfield seats because the crowd there would have beat him up for wearing that jersey. WTF?

From what I have seen Philly fans are even worst and like most of us I became mostly aware of that when the Vikings played them in the NFC championship 5 years ago. Yeah, there are those who will say “quit being soft and get over it.” To that I say “don’t commit crime just because your home team is playing a sports game.” There were some videos released showing how bad things got. Elderly fans getting cussed out. Families walking by with their kids and glass bottles getting thrown at them and breaking. Because they had the audacity to wear the other team’s jersey. Go ahead and call me soft, I just feel in this country it would be nice to enjoy things without that level of riff raff.

To be fair, immediately after that game there was a contingent of Philly fans that felt that bad about how things were that they put together donations to a charity Mike Zimmer was running as a show of good faith. Very classy and it shows you can’t paint a group with broad strokes. And when I worked at the super bowl when it was here the Philly fans I talked to were just fine, it was just normal sports talk. But there’s definitely something to the theory that Philly fans are a little wild and get out of hand.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Philly is trash, and their sports fans are worse. I spent a week there for a wedding about 10 years ago, and pretty much every day saw a fight or something else that was despicable. Including a group of non-attendees that tried to crash the wedding and almost ended in a massive brawl.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

The Eagles are favored by 14.5 points on the road at Houston tonight. Its the biggest spread favoring a road team in Thursday Night Football history.

Is it just me or do the Eagles and their fanbase annoy anyone else? They think they’re tough sh**. Can’t stand em. Hope the Texans pull a massive upset.

I’d love to see the Eagles lose, but don’t see it happening tonight. “On the road at Houston” is about as small of a disadvantage as one can get. It’s not a rivalry, Houston is not great nor will be great anytime soon, and their fanbase isn’t nearly as dedicated as some. Expect some typical Thursday Night sloppy play and annoying commentating with Herbstreit in the booth.

I will take the Eagles 30, Houston 17 in a boring game that’s never really in-doubt.

There’s no real line worth betting here either. The over/under is not really appealing with too many variables in unevenly matched teams. An Eagles Moneyline offers no value, and that spread is huge. Hard pass for me.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Should be a very lopsided game tonight. The Eagles should win big. Kinda looking forward to Sun night football this weekend, Chiefs and Titans hopefully a competitive game although I’d say advantage Chiefs.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Couple observations from today:

Bills lose to the Jets? WTF

Packers lose to Lions! When was the last time that happened?

The Tampa Bay offense looks totally inept. Wow.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Couple observations from today:

Literally the last time they played. jester
    Twice in one calendar has to quite some time though.

But yes the pack are not good at all this year.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Bit of a surprise no doubt, but the Jets are really improving. They are 6-3 now and have won 4 games in a row. Bet you didn’t think the Vikings would have a better record than the Bills next week did you? I sure didn’t.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Bit of a surprise no doubt, but the Jets are really improving. They are 6-3 now and have won 4 games in a row. Bet you didn’t think the Vikings would have a better record than the Bills next week did you? I sure didn’t.

Not quite, they lost to NE last week but have won 5 of the last 6.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Literally the last time they played.

LOL, whoops! That’s bad! jester

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Brady isn’t done yet. He is incredible.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Not quite, they lost to NE last week but have won 5 of the last 6.

Thanks

lindyrig79
    Participant

Insane comeback by the Bucs! Their line can’t block. Their receivers dropping passes left and right. But somehow found a way. The Rams are equally inept this year- Super Bowl hangover I guess.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Another completely disfunctional team this year is the Colts. They should fire their coach- completely killing my fantasy team LOL.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Another completely disfunctional team this year is the Colts. They should fire their coach- completely killing my fantasy team LOL.

The Colts have gone from a dominant OL and running game to terrible OL and mediocre run game. Haven’t followed it too closely, but Taylor is killing my FF team too! rotflol

lindyrig79
    Participant

That was an awesome game last night, Titans at Chiefs!

Just wow. Had all the elements of a dog fight, Tennessee had control of almost the entire game. They played their hearts out. Mahomes finally broke them on that 4th quarter scramble. That play changed the entire game. The comeback, 2 Pt conversion, OT. Just an awesome game to watch. applause

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Eagles are on the verge of losing their first game tonight.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Great to see the Eagles lose. Guess the ‘72 Dolphins will be celebrating again tonight.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

So are the Vikings still frauds since they almost lost to the Commanders and got beat bad by the Eagles or nah?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

So are the Vikings still frauds

Apparently, yes. Dallas is favored by 1 point in Minneapolis on Sunday. I can’t figure that out.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.