2022 NFL General Discussion

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Well the Packers are down two touchdowns in the first 5 minutes. Could be a long game tonight for GB!

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Well that changed quickly. GB is now ahead 14-13.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Crazy and entertaining first half! Both teams came to play.

AK Guy
    Participant

The announcers sure like that the game is tight.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Washington has leap frogged Seattle for the final playoff spot in the NFC at the moment. That places all 4 teams from the NFC East in the postseason right now.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Could be the end of the road for Aaron Rodgers. With the season basically over, GB would be better off playing Jordan Love the rest of the way.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Love looked pretty good in the little bit he played. Might be time to move on from Rodgers. His $31 million cap hit for next year is looking like a tough pill to swallow compared to Love’s $4 million.

In similar news, it looks like Mike White should be the guy for the Jets and not Wilson.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Love looked pretty good in the little bit he played. Might be time to move on from Rodgers. His $31 million cap hit for next year is looking like a tough pill to swallow compared to Love’s $4 million.

In similar news, it looks like Mike White should be the guy for the Jets and not Wilson.

Right… and just in time for the Vikings.,… crazy

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Packers need to hope ARodg retires, or find a trade partner with a TON of capspace as he has a cap hit of $49m next year. Mike White had a great week against the Bears, he’s also been in the league for a while and needs to do it for more than 1 week.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Denver may be looking for a QB. whistling
    Who is there coach again? coffee

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Zach Wilson was Colt McCoy Jr and leave it to the boneheaded Jets to draft him. They got lucky with White but won’t let him play because of the amount of draft capital invested in Wilson.
    White can sling it and ain’t afraid to take shots so there are chances for turnovers. I expect a higher scoring game than most would suggest.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I’ll be shocked, SHOCKED, if the Bills D finishes in the top 10 in the league. They are starting a 6th round cornerback, and a 40 year old DE.

Checking back in, Bills are currently 12th in YPG, and 5th in points. Vonn Miller is out 1-2 weeks, possibly longer. My prediction (I walked it back a little and guessed 9-15th in team defense) is going to be pretty close. Scoring Defense is looking good and they have Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Bengals, Pats down the stretch which is not exactly Murderers Row of NFL offenses. Vonn Miller’s injury severity is going to be the key factor imo.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Vonn Miller is out 1-2 weeks, possibly longer.

I know you posted this way back in November. Miller is out for the season. He has a tear in his knee that they just performed surgery on. He intends to return to the Bills next season though.

Baker Mayfield was picked up on waivers this past week by the Rams after being dumped by Carolina. He came into the game last night and led the Rams to a pair of game winning 4th quarter TD drives to beat the Raiders, 17-16.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Vonn Miller is out 1-2 weeks, possibly longer.

I know you posted this way back in November. Miller is out for the season. He has a tear in his knee that they just performed surgery on. He intends to return to the Bills next season though.

Baker Mayfield was picked up on waivers this past week by the Rams after being dumped by Carolina. He came into the game last night and led the Rams to a pair of game winning 4th quarter TD drives to beat the Raiders, 17-16.

Yeah I don’t know if there are any elite pass rushers walking the street, but Buffalo needs one, he was a big difference maker, well everywhere, but especially for them.

How about Baker?!?! That was awesome to watch, and just embarrassing for the Raiders. Guy walked in the Rams door 3 days ago, and probably knows about 1/10th of the playbook. He hit the same dig route about 5 times in the 4th quarter, and ran an effective 2 minute drill rotflol jester rotflol

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

anyone watching the TB vs 49ers?? Mr. Irrelevant, this purdy from Iowa state is giving Brady a clinic!!!!! waytogo devil woot

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I’ve got it on while I do some stuff, he does look pretty good. He’s able to play pretty loose because there really aren’t much for expectations of him, and he’s got the benefit of being surrounded by just a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. I’ve heard some pretty respectable NFL analysts say the Niners are most likely done and not going anywhere with their 3rd-string QB but I wouldn’t doubt that they’re still a decent team.

lindyrig79
    Participant

It is shocking to see the Bucs/Brady so poor this year. I always kinda hate seeing that with a legend. I still remember watching Joe Montana as a kid, go to the Chiefs and end poorly. Brady will go down as the best Quarterback I’ve ever seen play and I respect that.

The Vikings losing to the Lions, well, kinda expected that.

Some other pretty entertaining games this weekend not that I watched them all was out bird hunting.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Oohhh… Kyler Murray just went down in a heap while running and trying to make a cut. He got carted off. Those non-contact injuries with the knee are usually not good.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Anyone else watching the Miami bills game??

I. Hope the bills get there butts
    wacked. Fans throwing friggin snowballs when Miami is close to the end zone is complete garbage! flame

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Fans throwing friggin snowballs when Miami is close to the end zone is complete garbage

They made an announcement and if it continues, there will be a 15 yard penalty on Buffalo. Evidently the players on the Miami bench were getting pelted too.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like the Lions won at the Jets, 20-17. Detroit now moves into the final playoff spot with the win at 7-7 because they have the head to head tie breaker over Seattle. The Jets had a 58 yd FG attempt that missed with 1 second remaining that would have sent it to OT.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Some crazy games this week! Cowboys lost to the Jags in OT too.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Looks like the Lions won at the Jets, 20-17. Detroit now moves into the final playoff spot with the win at 7-7 because they have the head to head tie breaker over Seattle. The Jets had a 58 yd FG attempt that missed with 1 second remaining that would have sent it to OT.

Seattle beat Detroit. Seattle holds the tie breaker.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Seattle beat Detroit. Seattle holds the tie breaker.

My bad. The Lions beat the Commanders and the Giants, should the tie breaker come into play there. The Giants and Commanders each have a tie though so maybe that is a moot point now.

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Yes, having a tie on your record is the first tiebreaker if a team finishes with the same number of wins as another team. That is why once the Vikings stopped the Colts in overtime, it was a huge win because it flipped the tiebreaker in our favor. Not losing the game kept the team’s destiny in its own hands. Hopefully, the Vikes can win out.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Bill Belicheck is probably developing a drinking problem based just on that final play. Guess you need to tell NFL players that if we call a run play for the last play of regulation, it’s because we plan on going to OT. No need to try a Stanford-Cal lateral fest….and if you do Mac Jones ain’t taking it 60 yards thru the whole defense. Just idiotic.

tswoboda
    Participant

I was following the gamecast and when it went from Patriots possession to Radier’s walkoff TD I was like WTF just happened. When I pulled up the replay I just about p!ssed myself laughing. That whole play, especially the stiff-arm, was some glorious comedy.

Attachments:
    1. stiffy.jpg

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

MVP front runner Jalen Hurts has a bum shoulder that may sideline him for 1-2 weeks, including this week’s showdown in Dallas with the Cowboys.

Enter Gardner Minshew.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Another crazy NFL Weekend! Lions give up 300+ on the ground as their playoff hopes fade away, and the supposed kid genius in Miami gift wraps a W, with Tua’s help, to the green and gold and reignites their playoff hopes. And both Lafleur and McDaniels are on my $hit list, as I had Jones and Mostert going in FF and they chose not to give them the ball basically at all outside the first quarter. In order to make the championship I needed 30+ points from Jones, Mostert, Watson and Hopkins…and got 22.9.

B-man
    Participant

That was another huge win for the Packers yesterday. Just last week they had a projected 6% chance of making the playoffs.

If…and that’s a big IF they can win out the rest of the regular season against the Vikings and Lions (both home games) their odds jump to 90%!

It’s been a rollercoaster dumpster fire this season with some actual light at the end of the tunnel. Crosby was a rockstar yesterday and is keeping our hopes alive.

Go Pack Go!

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.