2022 Minnesota Vikings

• B-man

Those free 7 points should help the Vikes on that blown call for a hold on the return mrgreen

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They keep chasing those missed extra points.

Ripjiggen

That double coverage to JJ before the TD was a dime.

Dan
    Southeast MN

3 uncharacteristically boneheaded penalties on the Patriots have extended different drives for the Vikings.

Also, guys like Tony Dungy who are the epitome of high intelligence and tons of experience, are so much fun to listen to. As soon as Thielen caught that touchdown Dungy says “that’s a direct result of #18 right there.”

KPE
    River Falls, WI

When it’s all said and done just remember a win is a win, it truly does not matter whether it was 2 pts or 20. SKOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

3 uncharacteristically boneheaded penalties on the Patriots have extended different drives for the Vikings.

Also, guys like Tony Dungy who are the epitome of high intelligence and tons of experience, are so much fun to listen to. As soon as Thielen caught that touchdown Dungy says “that’s a direct result of #18 right there.”

No doubt. The refs have also missed a lot of obvious calls on both sides.

JoeMX1825
    MN

And now for the dreaded prevent defense

Ripjiggen

9-2 Bring on the Jets and whoever they decide to start at QB.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Special teams played a big role in this win. A kickoff return TD and a kicker penalty by the Patriots were massive blunders on their part.

Wasn’t real impressed with the defense overall, but they got a couple sacks late that helped. Thought the O line played very well in pass protection compared to the Dallas game.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Absolutely huge win coming off of that Dallas loss. Definitely not the game I expected but great win.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That’s a heck of a response to the awful Cowboys game. Playing on a short week and getting a big win does a lot to erase some of those memories and build momentum.

Congrats on your parlay Bucky.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Oh and by the way……Kirko Chill with the big PRIMETIME performance.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

K I R K O
    J J
    I’M Thielen It

Haters continue to hate, keep crying, 9-2 and your team sucks

SKOL!

Ripjiggen

He is headed to the dentist to get his grille now. rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He is headed to the dentist to get his grille now. rotflol

YES! That should be the next viral Kirko video!

Ripjiggen

Do they have some flaws in there team? yes…but you can’t argue that they make you watch until the very end.

AK Guy

Do they have some flaws in there team? yes…but you can’t argue that they make you watch until the very end.

That is unless the national network switches to a more competitive game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is unless the national network switches to a more competitive game.

That problem can be mitigated by NFL Sunday Ticket you know. You can in fact watch any game you want to without being at the mercy of your local provider.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Another fun game to watch, I believe every score by either team tied or changed who was ahead. Kirk had a couple terrible throws, but even more absolute dimes! Defense is doing the bend and break routine, but somehow tighten up or get lucky down the stretch. Pats last points came with 6:43 in the 3rd quarter, and only 10 total in the second half. JJ and the supporting cast are awesome, Cook looks Cooked and I’d like to see Mattison more, and the special teams have been special all season. 9-2, and to quote Belicheck, “We’re onto the Jets.”

glenn57
    cold spring mn

EPG must be out and about looking for a good spot for his lawnchair!!!!! devil rotflol rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s a heck of a response to the awful Cowboys game. Playing on a short week and getting a big win does a lot to erase some of those memories and build momentum.

Congrats on your parlay Bucky.

I stick to one $25 bet every week.

This week the Vikes turned it into $340 toast

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Kirk makes throws that are so under appreciated. He will be even better once Darrisaw gets back. The lack of a pass rush is concerning especially when you have 2 of the best at the edge. I would say blitz more but then you leave one of the young corners on an island? I would expect to see more blitzing next week unless the Jets start that trash QB again.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Those free 7 points should help the Vikes on that blown call for a hold on the return mrgreen

That was a make-up for when the ref layed out our safety a few weeks ago and the dude scored mrgreen

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Z Smith is playing on just about one leg from what I can tell.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Kirk makes throws that are so under appreciated. He will be even better once Darrisaw gets back. The lack of a pass rush is concerning especially when you have 2 of the best at the edge. I would say blitz more but then you leave one of the young corners on an island? I would expect to see more blitzing next week unless the Jets start that trash QB again.

Blitzing just isn’t the answer it used to be. The modern trend is to lean on Cover 2 concepts and stop big plays while daring teams to run the ball at least half the time. Odds are the offense will have a drop, penalty, or negative play somewhere in the 8-10 play drive it takes to get even into scoring range against this scheme. Bend but don’t break. I think this scheme fits the Vikings personnel perfectly when everything is rolling well.

The Jets have a nice defense and are well coached, but their offense is a mess as noted by their coach willingly starting the QB roulette wheel mid season. The Vikings will take care of business in a more comfortable way than against the Patriots.

Vikings 31, Jets 17

eyeguy507
    SE MN

A nickel blitz once in a while wouldn’t hurt. Another wrinkle i am waiting for is some kind of reverse handoff for Reagor. I mean he has speed and elusiveness so why is our mastermind coach not dialing one up? I hope he is smarter than us armchair coaches and is saving a handful of plays nobody has seen yet. We seen JJ can throw and by the looks of it, they will need to implement some 2 point plays if our kicker keeps it up.

tim hurley

If Kirk could get some time back there this offense would be unstoppable.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.