2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• tswoboda
    Participant

NO clue on the record but I maintain my prediction from about a month ago.

1. Colorado
    2. Dallas
    3. Wild

Feel very strongly it’s Colorado but could go either way on 2/3 and doesn’t really matter

CaptainMusky
    Participant

NO clue on the record but I maintain my prediction from about a month ago.

1. Colorado
    2. Dallas
    3. Wild

Feel very strongly it’s Colorado but could go either way on 2/3 and doesn’t really matter

This is my feeling too. Id love it for the Wild to win the Division but they have a tough schedule remaining.

tswoboda
    Participant

Yeah for me it’s more that the Wild are missing someone that the other 2 teams aren’t. Starting to get a little worried about that actually – he has 2 weeks of skating to get ready for game 1 and I don’t see how he’s 100% by then.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Well the wild hopes for Jason polin ended. Signed with the Avs. Didn’t know much about him but I know he was highly touted by like everyone.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Well the wild hopes for Jason polin ended. Signed with the Avs. Didn’t know much about him but I know he was highly touted by like everyone.

I liked him because he had some size and a right handed shot. He led college hockey in goals… its a free shot at a player, wouldn’t have been a big gain, so not a big loss…

I wonder what the Avs sales pitch was? “Pay no attention to Ben Meyers rotting in the minors, you’re going to get so much NHL icetime next year”

Austen Swankler from Bowling Green is a college free agent I hope we push hard for, the kid has legitimate offensive skill and plays center. He’s only a sophomore so he might go back to school….

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Dirty pass by stone hands!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

WTF is Goligoski doing?

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Cripes sake Goose! Wtf

tswoboda
    Participant

WTF is Goligoski doing?

Well after 1000 NHL games at D he might feel a little lost out there eh. How is anyone surprised by this

Unreal goal

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t know if he was pinching or what but it looked like he was playing forward before he took that penalty.

basseyes
    Participant

Great kill!

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

I’d really like to see Moose get a head of steam on the PK and see if he can meet MacKinnon head on at the blue line… I think every piece of glass in the arena would shatter from the impact…

Wild need to finish every check possible on the Avs defense…

tswoboda
    Participant

I don’t know if he was pinching or what but it looked like he was playing forward before he took that penalty.

Yeah he’s playing forward tonight. Which to me is just a horrible coaching choice. So I expect him to look lost and timid and make dumb mistakes but can’t really blame the guy for it.

basseyes
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, terrible coaching decision.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Yeah he’s playing forward tonight. Which to me is just a horrible coaching choice. So I expect him to look lost and timid and make dumb mistakes but can’t really blame the guy for it.

Wow. That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a long time. What a waste of a spot.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Klingberg is going to be a problem tonight. Shoulda let him play forward and Goligoski stay at D

basseyes
    Participant

Klingberg is going to be a problem tonight. Shoulda let him play forward and Goligoski stay at D

Yep, makes zero sense.

tswoboda
    Participant

Ya know who’s proving they’re not carried by kaprizov… Hartman

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Holy EFF Sam Steel!

tswoboda
    Participant

He’s automatic 1st game back after getting scratched seriously scores every time

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

He’s automatic 1st game back after getting scratched seriously scores every time

You’re not wrong.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dumba looks like he’s playing for the other team tonight.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’ll be interesting to see if we can keep pace the whole game. They have great legs so far.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

lol, preposterous statement #2 by you!!!

What does he have like 4-5 goals since Kirill’s been out?

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Great road period, would like to see the Wild be more physical on the Avs soft D..

tswoboda
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

lol, preposterous statement #2 by you!!!

What does he have like 4-5 goals since Kirill’s been out?

How effing dumb are you? That’s like a 40 goal pace and his linemates have been hot garbage

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Lol, now do Sam Steel… guess he didn’t need Kaprizov either? He’s on an 82 goal pace his last 2 games, lol

He and Hartman need to get GMBG on the phone and demand dual 8×8 extensions based on their last few games…

tswoboda
    Participant

They showed the overhead cam from the goal again and oof not a good look for Klingberg.

There should be zero defenseman playing forward, that should never be a consideration. Just roll 11 forwards it’s not hard

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Wild look very good tonight. Up 2-1 after one and moving the puck well. Avs only goal on a breakaway coming out of the box. Hope they keep it up!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

They showed the overhead cam from the goal again and oof not a good look for Klingberg.

There should be zero defenseman playing forward, that should never be a consideration. Just roll 11 forwards it’s not hard

I’ve not been impressed with him on the PP at all. His defensive shortcomings are going to become a problem in fast playoff style games like tonight.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,131 through 5,160 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.