2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

All three athletic writers gave the trade a C for both teams. Well one had a B- for Vancouver. rotflol

I think Vancouver got a pretty good return trading him to an eastern team…There’s tons of risk from the Islanders side, Lou said in his press conference that he hasn’t talked with the Horvat camp on an extension yet (I find that impossible to believe though after giving up what they did)

Remember Horvat had ZERO trade protection, so he could be pissed to go to the Islanders and has no intention of re-signing with them?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

The Islanders could also trade him again before the deadline. I think this trade makes zero sense for the Islanders since they will likely miss the playoffs anyway.

tswoboda
    Participant

The Islanders could also trade him again before the deadline. I think this trade makes zero sense for the Islanders since they will likely miss the playoffs anyway.

But then they’ll over pay him to stay for 8 years so they can say he wasn’t ‘just a rental’. And then in a couple years have an almost $10m 30+ YO center on an aging and possibly rebuilding roster with a new GM.

Vancouver’s return is very similar to what the Wild got for **Jason Zucker**

I’m on the same page as The Athletics – D for both teams. Maybe bump to C for Vancouver for moving him early and help them tank.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I just read Zack MacEwen had to have surgery for a broken jaw after Foligno and him fought the other night. I thought he caught him with a good upper cut at the end of that scrap.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

I think if the Canucks would have waited till the deadline, the return would likely not be very good just based on the teams that would want him for a rental (Colorado,Boston) They don’t have anything to offer in terms of top prospects or a 1st rounder that won’t be near the end of the round anyways…The only team that intrigued me was Carolina’s interest in Horvat. They have a good prospect pool to pick from, but I heard Vancouver was asking for Necas to be included in any deal and that closed the door from the Canes perspective…

I’m surprised Boston didn’t overpay for him knowing that Bergeron and Krecji are likely to retire after this season (giving them the capspace to re-sgin him) and Horvat would be a great replacement to slide right into Bergeron’s void…IF he doesn’t re-sign with the Islanders, I’d put money on him signing with Boston as a FA…

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

New Beyond our Ice episode released today documenting the teams “Amazing Race” they did on a team bonding trip…Greenway putting in the effort….

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I just finished that this morning. For some dumb reason I woke up at 4 and couldnt fall asleep. Grr. Greenway is such a slacker.

tswoboda
    Participant

Bruins GM is going to have a wild summer. They have like 10 free agents all getting raises, including Pastrnak doubling his AAV, and $4.5m in cap penalties from the Bergeron/Krejci bonuses. There’s going to be big moves in Boston this summer.

tswoboda
    Participant

I just finished that this morning. For some dumb reason I woke up at 4 and couldnt fall asleep. Grr. Greenway is such a slacker.

They really showcased how lazy he is, even calling himself an “Athlete”. How long until fans cry because they’re sewering his trade value

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Bruins GM is going to have a wild summer. They have like 10 free agents all getting raises, including Pastrnak doubling his AAV, and $4.5m in cap penalties from the Bergeron/Krejci bonuses. There’s going to be big moves in Boston this summer.

hmmm, yep I forgot about the incentive loaded 1 year deals they took….

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

They really showcased how lazy he is, even calling himself an “Athlete”. How long until fans cry because they’re sewering his trade value

I watched this last night and had the same feelings about him being lazy. Didnt really come off as a team player as well and seemed like the only one that wasnt interested in playing. Reaves sure is a character and looks like he has great chemistry with the team already.

The Beyond Our Ice videos are actually pretty damn good!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

All you have to see is one of his interviews to realize what type of person he is.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

All you have to see is one of his interviews to realize what type of person he is.

When I see his interviews it reminds me from a scene from the show Entourage, with Ari Gold telling turtle to “seriously smoke more weed, smoke more weed” with how slow he is.

tswoboda
    Participant

Horvat is an all-star… what team will he play for and what jersey will he wear?

edit: nvm it’s the all-star game and no one cares

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Horvat is an all-star… what team will he play for and what jersey will he wear?

edit: nvm it’s the all-star game and no one cares

I read VAN replaced him with someone else so it wont be them.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

Was at the game vs the Sabres.
    Greenway is just taking up space. I watched specifically cause I like him when he plays aggressive and angry but he is inconsequential in my estimation. Replace him with someone who want s to try hard.
    Just my two cents

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Looks like they were all a bunch of bumbling idiots. Hell they are hockey players.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Looks like they were all a bunch of bumbling idiots. Hell they are hockey players.

How does part of our future Core look? Dewar is just a goofy kid…

The Deweys and the Dude

icex
    Participant

Looks like a little less time on the beach and a little more time in the weight room might be suggested.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

They’re in their early 20s have a lot of cash and are having fun. I’d be doing the same thing. As long as they keep playing hard and don’t hurt anybody along the way, I don’t care what they do off the ice.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Looks like a little less time on the beach and a little more time in the weight room might be suggested.

They are not WWE superstars. They are hockey players.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Hockey players aren’t bulky except for their thighs and quads. They look fantastic!

icex
    Participant

We go to the Minnesota Wilderness games up here quite often. They auction off their jerseys between periods once or twice a year. We have bought several. They come out after the game with no shirts on to hand over their jerseys to the winning bidder. These kids are ripped. The milf’s are lined up.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

They are junior B hockey players they got nothing better to do.

icex
    Participant

They are junior B hockey players they got nothing better to do.

Yes, of course that explains it.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Nice article by Joe Smith today on Marco Rossi…The kid is doing everything right down in Iowa and was recently made an alternate captain…They said to expect a completely different Marco whenever he gets sent back up to the Wild (no timetable given)

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Did the article say anything about him being ripped? whistling

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Did the article say anything about him being ripped? whistling

It didn’t, but it did mention Marco takes his Flinstone vitamin every morning…

Ripjiggen
    Participant

What about milfs lining up at the rink in Des Moines? No?

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

What about milfs lining up at the rink in Des Moines? No?

isn’t that just a given?

Viewing 30 posts - 3,241 through 3,270 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.