2021 ACE 900 Turbo Renegade

• steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

I happened to find a very low mile sled from last year. I probably overpaid for it but hearing that snow check sleds may not come until January i felt like i had to buy. does anybody own one of these and how is the performance. i was running a 10 year old Cat 1100 non aspirated. i am sure this will be a huge difference

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

Everyone I know that has one loves it for trail riding. If you came off of a 1100 non turbo it is going to have twice the power. It will pull hard all the way threw the speedo.

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

I have an ACE 900 Turbo in a SXS. I can’t speak to the performance aspect in the sled but I imagine it is very good. I have mine heavily modified and tuned to around 215+HP. Even though it’s a 4-stroker, it’s still a really light, compact engine. These engines are incredibly tough and I would say they are the best 4-stroke engine being produced in powersports today. I’m currently running about 20PSI of boost and have no concerns of engine failure. I’ve got 2,000 trouble free miles and expect another 3-4k before something goes and it will most likely be the trans, not the engine. The early Turbo ACE engines had ring land failure, but that was addressed across the engine lineup on 2019. Should be noted the Turbo ACE engines are NOT the same as the NA ACE engines.

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

That’s great. I will be 100% on trail and lakes . Mostly Washburn county, Hurley and St Germain area. I’m excited to give it a try.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Isn’t that the same engine they put in their SXS Turbo X3’s?

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

I thought I read it’s not the exact same motor. The sled is about 150 horsepower

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Isn’t that the same engine they put in their SXS Turbo X3’s?

Yup. The engine itself is the same, including internals with the exception of injectors. The intake and exhaust (minus the turbo, that’s the same) is obviously different. These engines are far from fully tapped. You can get around 240+ HP on pump gas pretty easily with nothing more than a tune, fuel pump and even bigger injectors. devil

Attachments:
    1. 01BD094F-63AB-413E-B263-E005C7C3045E.jpeg

BrianF
    Participant

You guys are getting me pretty pumped as I ordered a new Ski Doo Skandic with this engine last spring. Dealer said it shipped last week.

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

LET IT SNOW!

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

I started the sled at the dealership. top speed registered last year was 99 MPH. that’s more than enough for me. the sled only has 70 miles on it so it’s not even broken in yet. it probably has more.

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

You guys are getting me pretty pumped as I ordered a new Ski Doo Skandic with this engine last spring. Dealer said it shipped last week.

Yours will only be the 900 Ace no turbo. The turbo is not an engine option for the skandic. This is still a great motor but it only has 90 hp which is plenty for the skandic. Actually I am not sure I would want to drive that sled with the turbo in it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.