2018 Ranger 620FS Live well issue

• marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Participant
    Nevis

Yesterday afternoon I had an issue come up with my live well pump and I can’t seem to find a solution for. I am hoping someone has insight on a fix. Ideally I’d like to take it in, but we leave for Rainy Lake this week.

I was using the live well for a good portion of yesterday on timed auto mode. I noticed that the live well wasn’t filling up like normal. I get to the boat landing and notice that there was a blinking light on the live well button but only on the right side. I reset the breaker and cycled the main power.

Now as soon as I touch the key pad, even without a passcode, the live well pump turns on. What I noticed is that there are now two selections for the live well button, the left side or right side will light up. Before the the entire button would light up. There is no way to turn the pump off other than disconnecting at the pump connection.

Any thoughts? Faulty key pad or pump?

Adam Steffes
    Participant

I don’t know how to fix your issue, but if push came to shove you could disconnect the pump and keep the valve closed on the well. I put a couple 20lb bags of ice in the well in the morning and then if I catch a fish to take home I will slit its throat and bleed it in the ice box. This seems to produce excellent firm white fillets after a day of fishing. I only use the livewell if I accidentally get on a bunch of eaters on an impromptu short trip. Even then when we are about to load up I will bleed them in the livewell and then drain the bloody water at the ramp right before I clean up the fish.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.