2018 Ice Reports

• mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know how everyone loves posting in this area of the IDO forums but I’d thought I’d put it up just in case….I’ll update when I go out in that area. Probably heading up Wednesday to check out a couple of the smaller lakes.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

On Saturday Green still had some open water….I would bet in a few days it has a couple inches with the cold nights, though.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

On Saturday Green still had some open water….I would bet in a few days it has a couple inches with the cold nights, though.

Thanks Matt, I figured maybe by the end of the week the main lakes would be locked up if they weren’t already. I’ll post back on how some of the smaller lakes after I go up Wednesday.

Much of the north and east arm of Big Marine have 5+”. The main lake had a big area of open water as of yesterday.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Much of the north and east arm of Big Marine have 5+”. The main lake had a big area of open water as of yesterday.

I will have a hard time going to BM much this year. It’s been basically the dead sea for me the last year. Gets hit so hard every winter.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Chisago looks all the way locked up. North lindstrom had a lot of open water, south lindstrom looks iced over. Krohn is good to go. Didnt drive by n or s center.

Hope for another week or 2 of cold with out snow and we will be all over the lake.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Chisago looks all the way locked up. North lindstrom had a lot of open water, south lindstrom looks iced over. Krohn is good to go. Didnt drive by n or s center.

Hope for another week or 2 of cold with out snow and we will be all over the lake.

Drove up yesterday. Green looked locked up as far as I could see. North Center was locked, South was not, had open water west of sunset point still. Smaller lakes looked pretty good and even had a few portables out. Was planning on going out this morning and fishing one of them but an unhappy 8 month old kept me up and changed my plans.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Green is the only area lake where I have localized my attention, and only in winter. It can be a decent crappie lake and has the *potential* to be a decent walleye lake IF you do it right.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.