2016 ice fishing

• Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Anyone been out on Koshkonong ice fishing? Haven’t fished it for a while, went out today with my Son, ended up with a couple 14 inchers. Slow day but plan to fish it more this yr. Going out Sat aft. into the night, if anyone is going out, or wants to meet up, let me know. peace

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I was off of Vinnie from 3-8 PM yesterday. We had a couple bumps on a jig stick and 1 flag but no fish. It was getting a little sloppy by the time we left and ice was getting soft and breaking up. I wouldn’t recommend driving a truck out until it gets hard again.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Yeah, I saw a couple vehicles out also. Crazy. I walked out about 3/4 mile or so, not bad hiking, but after this week will be harder. Plan to head out Sat aft/night.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Greg, that hub out in front us is where we needed to be. That was the kid I told you about and was set up around that point. All his action went in 20 minute spurts until 11. He did good

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Or you should have been where we were. 5:15 to 6pm was prime time Saturday. All fish caught on artificial.

Attachments:
    1. jeff-1-30-16.jpg

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ditto, nice fish but I thought you didn’t like the ice. Though Saturday was warmer than many days I’ve seen you out in your boat. I think the groundhog was right this time, early spring!

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Yes very nice haul Jeff waytogo

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thank you guys. Your right Gregg don’t get out much ice fishing like I use to . So when I do and catch fish it’s a bonus. Short walks and temp above 30 I’m in…..lol

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Decided to fish new water today, headed out 2 miles on foot to thibeau pt. not even a nibble. pulled stakes, went around to carcajou. 6 flags, with 3 drive bys, 3 shorts, and a nice 17 in sauger jigging. Think ill be hitting up the night bite on the west side a few more times.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

We fished around that area Saturday. Nauga’s kids took 1st and 2nd on pan fish at Norm’s Hideaway derby for a good pay day. Thank god I did decide to go I ended up towing Nauga off the ice to Vinnie where Klements flatbed took over. What a scary feeling. No more driving on the dead sea this year. Nice to see a Ford towing a Chevy….lol

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You are a brave sole but I’m sure Jason is still thankful to have a friend when needed. My one experience in a truck on the ice on a warm day was enough for this year. Now after the week coming we’ll likely be heading out there next weekend on our next clueless search for fish. I guess I shouldn’t be looking for any red pickups marking the hotspot huh?

Dat-a-boy jr. Naugas!!!

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Possible 50* degrees by the weekend. If I play my cards right the boat should be out before the end of the month.

Attachments:
    1. fish-more.jpg

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Be a bit warmer than last Sat. night. Not a nibble, Lake has dropped a lot in a week which put a rest to the spot I was getting fish. Need to start hunting again. Be out Sat night again. waytogo waytogo

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

be safe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.