2016 Ford Transit cargo van

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Anybody have experience with them? Looking a a 2016 2500 with a 3.7 TIVCT motor. My first thought was they had to be noisy as hell driving down the road with no insulation or anything in the back. 60,000 miles.

I haven’t driven it yet or checked to see what they are worth.

Any mechanics have any history with these?

Thank you.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

We have worked on a few, no expert by anymeans but they seem solid enough. If it is the turbo model change the oil often and hope they hold out. Timing chain issues but that’s on almost all models due to cheap chains and poor oil change intervals

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

They’re pretty popular with local contractors here and seem to do fine in the Winter/on jobsites. My buddy runs a few with his plumbing business and seems pleased. He does throw winter rubber on them when the snow starts flying.

404 ERROR
    MN

Just hope your internal waterpump stays together…I lost mine at 110K, ended up scraping the car because of it. If the 3.5/3.7 is transverse (not sure about the Transit), you WILL have these issues eventually which almost always grenades the motor. If the engine is longitudinal, the water pump is external.

You have no idea anything is amiss until you realize ole buddy Rod is knocking on your door, which turns Rod into the Kool-aid man busting through said door…next thing you know, you’re having a yard sale on the side of hwy 60 outside Faribault.

No thanks. Fool me once…

Dave maze
    Isanti

We run transits at work. Most with that engine. I haven’t heard of many major issues. I think some older ones had tranny problems. Mine has 120k and has only had brakes/tires and oil changes. They can be a handful to drive in a across wind tho. Especially if you have one of the taller models.

404 ERROR
    MN

Disregard my water pump statement, those are external. Any “issue” on an external waterpump cyclone is rare, they’re strong. I would say they’re almost as strong at the old zetech motors. I’ve tried hard to kill those, can’t do it.

munchy
    NULL

Drove a 2018 2500 Transit at my last job. Uncomfortable for long distance driving especiallyif you’re tall and need leg room.

Check the rear brakes, all the ones we had they went out without warning at 40k and needed the entire brake assemblies replaced on both sides.

Besides the moronic location of the E brake handle and the massive size of the sun visor that made it completely unusable…. it was a decent vehicle,

Slipbob nick

In the vehicle industry and haven’t heard any more complaints on them then any others. The cargo van is an elusive vehicle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.