2016 Alumacraft competitor 175 LE tiller questions

• gator800r
    Participant

Hi there I bought a new to me 2016 175 le the boat only has 12 hrs on it and I got the chance to take it out over the weekend. Couple things im unsure of

1. How do I empty the melted ice water of the built in cooler?
    2. How do I operate the livewells? im thinking I may have a bad livewell pump.
    3. Could someone tell me what button should operate the livewell? im thinking the one right next to the horn correct? but when i turn it on Im not hearing a pump run.

Attachments:
    1. alumacraft.jpg

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

i have the same boat only a full windshield. the button next to the horn is your livewell pump. flip it to the bottom (manual) and it will pump water in until you flip it back. flip it to the top (auto) and it will detect when it needs water and automatically start pumping water in. There are two switches that close and open the livewell drains. One is near the gas tank in the back and one is by the passenger seat in my full windshield boat.

As far as the built in cooler a towel is your best bet. I don’t use the built in cooler all that much, although it works great, so i cant recall exactly but i don’t believe it has a built in drain at all. It really does work well ive just found that i always forget to take stuff out after I’m done for the day and I’m in for a bad surprise when i look in there the next time. I usually use frozen 2L bottles to act as a cooling agent rather than ice cubes to avoid the melted mess.

gator800r
    Participant

Thats what I thought. Im not hearing my pump run when I hit the switch so I must have a bad pump? I should hear the pump even if the boat is out of the water correct? If you look at the bottom of the cooler it appears to have a drain I was hoping that when you empty the livewell it would also pump out the cooler.

Dave Mulder
    Participant

You may just have a blown fuse for your live well? I believe the cooler drains into the bilge and gets pumped out if need be or when you pull the plug at the end of the day

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I dont know if there would be fuses. They have resetable breakers right below the switch. That is the round thing. If its popped out that means it tripped, just push it back in. The pumps themselves can be hit and miss. Some last a while while others could last 5 minutes and be toast.
    I know there is a separate fuse in for the automatic bilge that connects directly to the battery for the cranking motor, but I dont believe there are any others because perhaps for your locators or trolling motor.

gator800r
    Participant

I did notice the fuse reset buttons below the switches and tried that first but still nothing. The switch 3rd from the right is the bilge pump correct? when I hit that switch i can hear the pump running. Will the bilge pump kick on automatically or do I have to manually turn it on with the switch? If the boat is sitting at a dock over night and it rains I would hope it would kick on automatically. Im wondering if the live well pump may have been accidentally flipped on at some time by the previous owner and left on until the motor burnt up. Previous owner said he had never used the livewells. As far as the cooler goes there is no plug in the bottom but the cooler is not draining anywhere?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

If your boat is equipped with an automatic bilge there will be 2 of them in the back, at least on mine there are 2. Otherwise the bilge has to be turned on using the switch. My automatic bilge wasnt working and that is how I found that fuse connected to the battery. One lone wire with a blade fuse on it.
    To be clear, if you have an automatic bilge there will be a bilge located very close to the bottom of the hull and another bilge higher up. The auto one comes up based on a float switch inside it if the water level gets up that high.

gator800r
    Participant

Well I feel stupid. Turns out that it was a plug in the cooler and livewell. Just by looking at it I would have never guessed that it was a plug. I lucked out on the livewell pump. The power lead was just unplugged from the pump. So cooler is drained and livewells are working!

Attachments:
    1. 89AE092D-4507-47B7-A1DF-80A6BF7881D2.jpeg

gator800r
    Participant

Not sure what the purpose of the plugs in the livewells and cooler is. Both are opened and closed by the flow-rite system so the plugs almost just act as a backup.

Attachments:
    1. 21C14038-5C71-4E6D-B5D0-CD1FCD4350B1.jpeg

gator800r
    Participant

The picture of the livewell is with the plug in. Goofiest plug I have ever seen it is hollow so when its in it just looks like a drain that I could put a plug in if you wanted to. Hopefully this saves someone else from scratching their head over the same issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.