2016 150 Vmax SHO not peeing

• picklerick
    Central WI

First for me. Any time it wouldn’t pee using muffs or on the launch was because wasps clogged the hole with mud. In the past, I’ve used the wire end of a bottom bouncer and could almost always tell it was clogged with dried mud before I even reamed it. I can fish a weed trimmer line a good 7-8″ into the hole before it stops. Is that as far as she goes or is something stuck up there? I only used the boat once last year and it’s stored outside in case that matters. I was heading up to the lake tomorrow and now I’m thinking it might need service instead. What say you folks?

isu22andy

My 150 won’t pee on muffs . Use a trash can and report back . If you think it’s clogged hook a garden house to the flush port and turn it on . It’ll take a minute to fill the water jacket then it’ll shoot out the tell tale as well .

picklerick
    Central WI

It always peed on the same muffs before. I noticed when I had the water connection on the transom side that water was coming out of the screens above the lower unit and it didn’t seem like it was covering the intake as tight. When I moved it so the hose was on the prop side it seemed like it was making a nicer seal over the intake but nothing came out the upper screens. I let it run a minute or less four times, turning up the hose pressure each time until it was full blast. Not sure how long to run it. I goosed the throttle a couple times to see if that would help but never ran it for more than a minute because I’m not sure how fast it would overheat.

By the way, I’m a mechanical idiot and don’t know where the flush port is. I took the cowl off for the first time today to see where the trimmer line was bottoming out. That didn’t help.

deertracker

How Do I Flush My Motor?

deertracker

Not sure if that link is working. Here is a screen shot.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1596.png

2. IMG_1595.png

isu22andy

For what it’s worth – bunch of people on the internet say there 150 will pee on Muff’s . I replaced my water pump thinking it was bad ( looked like brand new ) and haven’t tried it since . Deer trackers got the right picture . I’d bet yours is still fine .

isu22andy

What did you find out Rick ?

picklerick
    Central WI

I flushed it out Fri morning and had no idea there were so many places for water to come out. She peed like a race horse at the launch on Sat and we started fishing just as the cold front rolled in and we got skunked. Gave up after three hours and fired up the grill and popped some beers. It’s been a few years since I saw the mosquitoes so thick but it was great to be up north again.

isu22andy

Good deal . Glad it worked out for ya .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.