1998 pro sport repower

• KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

Just wanted to provide a little performance report, my dad got his new 2022 Yamaha F115 mounted up and we ran through the first two hours of great in today. Boat is a 1998 Lund pro sport 1700, running a 9.9 Suzuki kicker next to the new Yamaha.

I used to own this exact same boat but I was running a 90 merc on it. The performance of this 115 Yamaha is incredible. Completely silent at idle and we can hold a normal conversation at 4k rpm.

Currently running the Yamaha 3 blade 13×19 and it’s almost perfect on this platform. I do think he could jump to a stainless, maybe even a 4 blade stainless, but there’s plenty of time to experiment with it now.

We managed 42mph with 4 adults and a child. I believe the old Suzuki 115 that was on it moved it a little quicker, before it gave up the ghost. However I also believe it was propped a little better than what he’s got now so there’s room to improve.

This platform gets on plane so fast, in just 2-3 seconds we’re up and flat. Cruising pool 3 from Hastings to red wing and back at 28 mph, 4000 rpm, and the fuel gauge didn’t budge.

Overall this thing is nearly perfect. I love seeing what a modern 4 stroke can do on an older platform and this is a prime example of the benefits of a repower.

Also factoring cost of the new 115 and the used boat, he’s still in it for 10 grand less than a brand new adventure, which is really the only comparable platform offered now.

Impressive!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.