17-18 Predator Hunting Results

• Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Last year for me was a bust didn’t really get out as much as I wanted and blew it on a few stands.

This year I’ll be hunting entirely WI unless something changes. Stopped at a farm last week and when I asked the landowner about hunting the cattle pasture for coyotes his immediate response was, “that sucker is still out there?” Apparently one has been hanging around his pasture, needless to say after gun deer season I should have that farm. Will be doing a lot of public land hunting as well, hopefully once deer season slows down I can find a few more farms to hunt.

Sam
    St.Francis

I picked up slot more land to hunt since I started working at the local Co op delivering fertilizer almost every cattle farmer wanted me to hunt their pastures

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Finally got out for a couple stands yesterday morning. Nothing to show for it but felt good to be out calling. First stand was in a timber full of tracks but nothing responded. Second was an open field bordering timber and nothing but crows came to play.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Went out yesterday for 2 stands, didn’t have a lot of time. Nothing showed.

I did get a tip on a new area where a local guy has seen lots of coyotes. I snuck in there real quiet and the snow is just loaded with tracks, so I backed out. The wind was the worst possible direction and had I gone in it would have brought my scent right into the thicket where they appear to be. Must try again on a non-south wind day, but perfect setup for west or NW wind.

Grouse

Ryan Scholl

went out 2 weeks ago around Grand Forks. 4 hard days of hiking and calling. The last day we finally connected. Shot 2 in 3 stands. It was tough going. Wind was blowing pretty hard the whole time. Right after the big full moon too, so that probably wasn’t helping our cause. First three days were very quiet. no response from anything. The only coyotes we saw were the two we shot. 31# female and 25# male. The male came sprinting across a lake after 5 seconds tops of the rabbit call. It happened fast!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20171210_145745_670.jpg

2. IMG_20171210_094940_859.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Nice work Ryan!! toast chased

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Wow that one in the 2nd pic has a pretty coat!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.