’08 Super Hawk 1800 dashboard gauges are hard to read

• boby
    Participant

Hey Folks,
    The two round gauges on the dash of my ’08 Super Hawk 1800 are suddenly hard to read in direct sunlight or in shade. I had the boat out yesterday morning and I could read them both fine. In the afternoon, they were dim (or of low contrast). I tried toggling through the control buttons on the bottom of the gauges but couldn’t find a brightness or contrast control to fix the problem. The owner’s manual and the Crestliner website were no help.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Bob J.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

When I look at various Crestliner dash panels, I’m not seeing any control buttons at the bottom of the gauges, so please post a picture of your dash, so we can identify what you have.

HRG

boby
    Participant

Of course I should have posted photos. Sorry I had to make you ask for them.
    Hope these attachments work.
    Bob J.

Attachments:
    1. crestliner-gauges-6-scaled.jpg

2. crestliner-gauges-2-scaled.jpg

boby
    Participant

Dear Hot Runr Guy,
    Your link seems to give me exactly the information I need to solve my contrast/brightness problems. My friends and I are taking the boat out on Buffalo Bill Reservoir tomorrow (just a few miles west of Cody, Wyoming where I live) and we’ll follow the instructions with our fingers crossed.
    Hope you and yours have a nice 4th of July weekend!
    Bob J

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

Dear Hot Runr Guy,
    Your link seems to give me exactly the information I need to solve my contrast/brightness problems. My friends and I are taking the boat out on Buffalo Bill Reservoir tomorrow (just a few miles west of Cody, Wyoming where I live) and we’ll follow the instructions with our fingers crossed.
    Hope you and yours have a nice 4th of July weekend!
    Bob J

You too, and be safe on the water. The entire manual I have is 141 pages, far too large to post here. If you ever want it, PM your email address to me and I’ll send it over.

HRG

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I’d sell for 25k. Someone will buy it in this market. Hah

Deuces
    Participant

Have you tried adding dash board gauge fluid?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.