You don't see these in stores

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

A friend did some more custom casting with the blade bait in focus and came up with this animal. He calls this a Gobi. The blade is cast on a stand-up head. He has been making this bait for a year or so and has had real good success using it.

Quite an idea.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

pretty cool idea. should improve hook ups since the hook is not lying flat on bottom (as long as its sitting the way it should on bottom) selling them anywhere?

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I like it a bunch but would a treble on the tail end help???

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nick….I am not making them, just sharing the picture.

Mr. Cat….the maker says that the forward hook is all that’s necessary for good hook-ups. I haven’t tried this idea yet, but I like the concept.

This guy makes a half-dozen different renditions of the faithful old “sonar” bait that really trip my trigger. There weren’t many changes to Heddon’s concept for a long, long time and then someone thought of the heavier head with a slightly different wiggle to the action. The guy making these and his other baits based on a blade is really outside the box on them.

Here’s another. Same concept, different altogether though.

I’ll get another picture to show.

This one is classic….

redrnger

They are some nice looking baits.

Marc Wisniewski

Thanks guys,

The stand-up one is very snag resistant so I am guessing it is landing up-right most of the time. I have no proof except for my kids 16′ pool…. it lands great in there! On a bottom covered with zebra muscles, ??? But it is catching fish.

I’m not sure how much you guys deal with Gobies out on the Mississippi but here on the Great Lakes, it is probably the #2 (sometimes #1) food source for Browns and Lakers. In summer it may be #1 for Smallies at times. I’m no biologist but I drop an Aquaview down and there are 200 gobies for every crawfish! I believe it’s why we have the 6-7-8 pound smallies right now in Sturgeon Bay. Its one of the reasons why we have 25 pound Browns in Lake Michigan. The species that diversify to this secondary food source are thriving. Species like Chinooks and Coho who key in on the pelagic baitfish (alewives) have a harder time finding food at times.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have yet to become a blade guy… but love these. The painting, eyes, and weight designs look great. Are they available somewhere? I can see it being fun yet this fall if I can make it up to Washington Island. Better than “just” dragging suckers.

Marc Wisniewski

Like I always say, “There are people who love blade baits and there are people who just haven’t discovered they love blade baits”.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I always thought it was, “There are people who love blade baits and there are people who just dont prefer to snag fish”.

haha.:)

Bassstick
    Johnsburg , IL. Fox Chain of lakes area

looks like somenone needs to meet a production manufacturer so that we can buy some of these and not just look at the pic’s of these fish catchers. I’d love to put them to good use.
    Thanks for sharing

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Production might be a nice thought, but the work that goes into making these into the baits you see has so many levels of handling that it wouldn’t be practical.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet Marc and to see some of his handi-work up close and personal. He is a master at what he does and most of what he does is way outside the box. His ability to create something in his mind and then do like-wise using common molds and hardware is uncanny.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.