Wisonsin River Conditions?

• hawkguy

My buddy and I have next week off and were hoping someone in the area could let us know what the conditions are and if the fish are on the bite? We are trying to decide where we should go. Thanks in advance!

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

What area are you wanting to know about? The lower Wisconsin is high. As for the fishing I haven’t been out and I haven’t heard anything.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

The area around Stevens Point is still up a little bit…as far as fish I’ve heard a lot of guys doing alright on Walleyes in the usual locations. I personally was out last night just above Point Dam and with nothing to show for it, a few shorts and some pan-fish but that’s it.

hawkguy

My buddy was watching the river levels via the USGS and one of his concerns was high water. He said it is going down now, but was also wondering if the temp change affected the bite. Thanks for the reply guys.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have not been there recently… but water levels around the Dells are down a ton from the very high levels earlier. I look at 5-6 as higher than norm, but not enough to cause concern. This is sort of my benchmark as to if I would consider running my boat down through the rapids to fish away from the normal crowd.

The temps have been steady for the last fine days. If I was in the area as I may be late this weekend, I would fish.

This is what I look at for that area. Shows how high it was, and temps. Also, take it with a little consideration of the source, but call Rivers Edge bait shop and get their thoughts…. never hurts, if this is where you had in mind.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv?site_no=05404000

I am going to be in Wisconsin Rapids this weekend, sure would like to explore the Stevens Points area again, been a long time.

Chuck

hawkguy

Thanks for the info Chuck. Greatly appreciated!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.