Wife's first 50…..lber!

• fygr8
    Participant

Recently returned from a mini vacation to Richmond,Va and took in a guided trip on the James River. After trying 3 different spots our guide moved one last time in hopes of putting us on a monster blue. With time running out, I told the guide that 10 more minutes and we were willing to pull the pin and consider it a fishing trip not a catching trip. 5 minutes into my announcement, the deep rod went off and the rest is history. 50 #’s and 48″ of James River blue cat!!! This was PRICELESS!!! If you are ever planning a trip to Richmond or the surrounding area I suggest you contact me with the info on our guide. He was a CLASS ACT!

Attachments:
    1. Moms-50-lb-cat.jpeg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That thing is about to POP! Congrates Wife!!

Post the guides name and contact info if you like.
    Also, where are you from?

fygr8
    Participant

The guide was Capt. Chuck Jarvis of Fish Unlimited Guide Service http://www.fishunlimitedguide.com/. I am a muskie fisherman from No. Wi. and had always wanted to wrestle with a big cat. I knew I could not visit friends in Va. without booking a trip and giving it a try. The fact that my wife ended up being the lucky angler made the trip that much better.

If you visit his page you will see that he is no stranger to big fish!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

How friendly are your friends in VA??

Could I stay with them for a few day? )

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say your wife made an 8×10 print and is carrying that around with her! Heck, I would!

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Gosh. The belly on that fish is just ridiculous. Looks like a lot of fun!

fygr8
    Participant

We will be filling out the paperwork for her Va. state citation. This is a good citation! Any cat over 38″ or 30 #’s qualifies for a trophy certificate from the state. So not only the 8 x 10, but also the documentation will be around her neck!
    Not only was our fishing guide excellent, but our friends were great hosts and very knowledgeable about all of the civil war sites and history. Very cool place to visit! One to put on your bucket list…….for sure for the cat fishing!

fygr8
    Participant

The official certificate for my wife’s trophy Blue Cat came in the mail. Now I have to frame it along with the pic of the monster!

Attachments:
    1. citation.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Very nice!!

Phil Bauerly
    Participant
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Virginia is for Catters! Nicely done!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.