waterhole

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I made this spot last year with a kiddy pool from Fleet farm. I still can’t believe how much attention it gets. Going to put another one in next spring. Couple pics

Attachments:
    1. HEAVY-MASS-8.jpg

2. 6-DEER.JPG.jpg

3. 4-DEER-BIG-MOMMA.J.jpg

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

I saw someone do this on Midwest Whitetail this season. Are you filling the pool or is the natural rain fall able to fill it?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I know our water tank is a highway during the summer months and it’s pretty darn regular this time of year also.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

My friend did the same thing on his farm in Wisconsin and has a couple Covert 3G Code Blacks over the water, so he gets real time photos. The Deer are constantly around the waterhole. I don’t know how he gets any sleep at night with his phone going off!

Attachments:
    1. PIC.jpg

2. Does.jpg

3. 8.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I saw someone do this on Midwest Whitetail this season. Are you filling the pool or is the natural rain fall able to fill it?

If we get rain it will fill naturally, but no rain in the last month so I have been filling it every weekend with a 55 gallon barrel. They drank half the pool between Thursday when my brother filled in and Sunday when I refilled it. 363 pics on the waterhole in a week.

sktrwx2200

Thats sweet. Im totally going to do that this spring…. Whats better in the spring and summer after a 1/2 hour of licking the Trophy Rock ?…….. Has to be some water to wash it down… Kinda like the salt crumbs at the bottom of a pretzel bag.. or hammering a whole pepperoni pizza ( all you want is a huge glass of water)

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Can that be legally hunted over or do you need to remove it? Thanks…

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Nope, you don’t need to remove it, for sure in Wisconsin, not positive in Minnesota but I think you can.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

or hammering a whole pepperoni pizza ( all you want is a huge glass of water)

Usually after hammering a whole pepperoni pizza, I am in my chair ready to fall asleep and all of a sudden to lazy to get a big glass of water.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You can go to most any ag supply company and get these totes for next to nothing. I have $20.00 into a cattle water tank float, $5.00 in hose and $20.00 in fittings to neck down the tank. We have a spare tote we haul water with, about 150 gallons at a time. Typically I fill the 350 gallon tank a couple times a summer/fall.

Attachments:
    1. watertank.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.