Warm weekend temps

• Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

With the temps this weekend and it being 45 degrees today, would those two days make any significant changes in ice conditions? Me and a buddy are heading out this morning to a small acre lake just always thinking safety first.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

The rain and the warm temps killed it for us in Northern Indiana. I would expect to lose something.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

The ice was still in pretty good shape yesterday evening in the La Crosse area but it has warmed up considerably since then. Right now I’m debating if I want to head out again or not. Just use caution and spud yourself out and decide when you get there!

ps0345

It will make a significant differce. Especially on larger lakes that did not lock up. And with snow in the forecast it’s going to make that nice clear top ice turn to slush then freeze again on Tuesday. Hopefully by the end of next week we will see some of the good ice gains again. I hope to go out tomorrow and check some areas and see what kind of damage this weather did. This morning at 6:30 it was 49 degrees at the airport.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

I went out… still 4″ where I’ve been fishing. A little slick on top, but overall the ice was still in good shape.

Travis Swanson

We had 2 solid down here in Iowa….it killed ours with all the rain on top….if your south stay off and stay safe….at least I got me first time out on Friday. Remember safety first all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.