Walleye chew toys

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Here are a couple pictures of some walleye baits I’ve been messing with of late. Both are rib-bodied with a fairly bulky profile but the profile is deceiving because of those soft ribs. The one picture shows a bait with a twister-type tail section while the other had a beaver-style tail. The flat tail fishes rigged either vertically or horizontally, depending on how I want the drop.

The twister model answers when a more simple swimming action is desired or when the jig-bait is simply hung and allowed to swim while drifting. The flat tail shows its dynamics when it is put in motion by jigging but its also good on a dead stick while just drifting.

Both baits are 4″ in length and a quarter has been put in one picture to show a relative size comparison.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0662.jpg

2. IMG_0624.jpg

tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

some nice colors Tom…I wouldn’t hesitate to try those when I come to P-4 the 1st week of Nov. or later on the Fox, Wolf or Menominee. The Oystershell w brite green tail is a very effective color.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m not certain what our Red Wing shop workdays will be for Nov yet, but if it works out, what block of time will you be on pool 4? I could bring you a care package.

tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Sounds like a fun opportunity!
    I’ll be there from Monday afternoon Nov 3 through Thursday eve the 6th.
    in cabin 4.

I usually fish plastics 80% of the time…the other 20% would be working hair jigs or blades.

hnd
    Participant

i would be interested in buying some of the twistertail bodies. or trying some out in Chartreuse )

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We work the 3rd Tom. I’ll make a trip over and leave a few with Steve or Kari..

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Here’s your pet bait color tom….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0663.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.