US Bank debt cards- Security Breech?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Tried using the card this morning and it was declined twice. Called US Bank and they would give out any details except there was a “security breech”.

I don’t know if it’s just our cards effected or it’s on a larger scale. Anyone else having trouble?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I had a fraudulent charge on mine about 2 weeks ago from Singapore. I had notified them right away and they confirmed that there were several other attempts from Singapore that were declined.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Now that everything is electronic/virtual this kind of thing is just going to keep happening more and more and there is nothing we can do about it.
    Try going back to a cash life.

Alex
    Chanhassen, MN

Usually the security breech comes through the vendor latest was Jimmy Johns, Home depot, Target, there are many that you don’t hear about on a weekly basis, very similar to the Target incident. Then there are vary extensive measure that companies similar to US bank put in place to flag certain activity… In my mind it is a good thing that US Bank stopped a transaction (but annoying). I get to hear all about this stuff and how big of a issues it is from a certain somebody that may or may not work work at one of these large banks…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is this a debit card or a check card?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Mine was a check card. Backed by Visa.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Debt card.

I’m not unhappy about this at all. Just wanted to know if others saw this or it was just my card.

It bothered me they wouldn’t tell me more about the “breech”.

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Bk, I’ve had the same issue, got my second replacement card in the mail today in 6 months with no explanation other than a security issue with no other info…thank the big fellow upstairs that there has been no issues with my acct…not happy and I’m looking for answers!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Two Words….Wells Fargo roll

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Five words… Way Out of the way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What I’m hearing from an ex employee is that all US Bank customers will be getting new cards at some point.

They also said I should have received an email. LOL! An email from a bank saying they’re having a security issue. LOL! I hit the delete button before I can read what it says.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

What I’m hearing from an ex employee is that all US Bank customers will be getting new cards at some point.

They also said I should have received an email. LOL! An email from a bank saying they’re having a security issue. LOL! I hit the delete button before I can read what it says.

Same here! More scam than real bank email out there and no bank will get me to open one unless I asked for one and know exactly whom the email is going to come from.

PB2

Whats the difference?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t really know other than I have to ask every dang cashier when I swipe my card is it the red X or enter for credit.

Time to embrace Google Wallet for this guy.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t really know other than I have to ask every dang cashier when I swipe my card is it the red X or enter for credit.

Time to embrace Google Wallet for this guy.

Might as well, your financial info is the only thing they may not have yet.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Three words

“WESTCONSIN CREDIT UNION”

Three more

ON YOUR WAY

-)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Might as well, your financial info is the only thing they may not have yet.

As long as my transactions are secure and the only thing on record is the transaction, not the card information.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.