Upper Red Fishing Report

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

well i finally scratched my ice fishing itch as this weekend i went to upper red with a buddy for a 2 day fishing trip. We went out out of rogers resort. Ice was anywhere from 7-10 inches thick and there was a lot of traffic out there including many ATV’s and some small permanents. Fishing was steady if not a little slow however we ended up with some nice fish. Got a surprise 28″ pike which put up quite a fight. My buddy lost a much bigger pike at the hole. Overall a fun weekend!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8995.jpg

2. 20141121_093059.jpeg

3. IMG_1084.jpg

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Nice report and pics.

Chris

I also went to Red this weekend for a 2 day trip. Went out of Rogers. There was a total of 4 of us and we thought the fishing was excellent! On Saturday we caught our 16 limit by 3pm and today we caught another 16 limit by 9:30am! Plus a few Pike and a few Eyes too big… We had brought the portables but never even set them up, Had to even shed a few layers because we were getting warm.

ec1
    NULL

Good fish – and you even got 2 days to go at it!
    Dying to get on some ice here in Canada. Southern Ontario has nowhere near as much ice as you guys!

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

I also went to Red this weekend for a 2 day trip. Went out of Rogers. There was a total of 4 of us and we thought the fishing was excellent! On Saturday we caught our 16 limit by 3pm and today we caught another 16 limit by 9:30am! Plus a few Pike and a few Eyes too big… We had brought the portables but never even set them up, Had to even shed a few layers because we were getting warm.

That must have been some feast on Saturday night.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.