2010 Roost and Fly-down Times

• Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Wind was howling pretty good where I was at. Did some scouting for a buddy of mine I am taking tomorrow morning. Not a sound from the roost. First gobbles were when they hit the ground at 6:10. 2 Strutters came right in to within 2 yards of where I was set up. Hopefully they will do the same tomorrow. WOW! I have never been that close to Gobbling Toms! What a great morning. I should have brought the camera.

I love it when you can feel that gobble more than you can hear it!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Wind was howling pretty good where I was at. Did some scouting for a buddy of mine I am taking tomorrow morning. Not a sound from the roost. First gobbles were when they hit the ground at 6:10. 2 Strutters came right in to within 2 yards of where I was set up. Hopefully they will do the same tomorrow. WOW! I have never been that close to Gobbling Toms! What a great morning. I should have brought the camera.

X2
    That is the best

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt that is the best. If you can feel the drummin’ & spittin’, you know they are right on top of you.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt that is the best. If you can feel the drummin’ & spittin’, you know they are right on top of you.

Hope you enjoyed it, because the next time you go with a weapon, that won’t happen!

lick

Naw he will be ok as long as he doesnt go with you Mike

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Quote:

Yeah, after last year, not sure if I want him tagging along with me. He’s bad luck.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, after last year, not sure if I want him tagging along with me. He’s bad luck.

lick

1st gobble 522 fly down 558

Last gobble 830 wind sucked

But why would it be any different than the other 3 days this season

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

1st gobble 5:34 and flew right over us at 6:03 right into the hens down the field from us. Lots of gobbles up to 8:30 then quite until 9:30….just before I got called into work . Hope I can hunt all day tomorrow.

lick

1st gobble 513 (maybe sooner thats when we got there) fly down 601

set up on a big group 4 gobblers some jakes and hens about 615 it was all quiet couldnt find any that wanted to play

lick

1st gobble 515

flydown 545

clean miss 600

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Doh!

We continue to be a tad later – first gobble around 5:25 this AM and flydown pretty quick thereafter. Not much gobbling on the limb this morning.

Joel

lick

1st gobble 514

Flydown 540

Lots of gobbles until I left at 6

I like our chances tomorrow

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Make sure to put out lots of dekes Pat!

asphixiation
    Stillwater, MN

first gobble: 520 am
    Fly down: 533
    Gobbling continued until 605 and then they shut up

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.