TUCR

• Denny Fox

I am looking at the precision noodle rods and the precision rods. I was wondering what reels you guys are using on these exact rods for perch, bluegill. Not sure which rod I want yet, but wondering on reels you guys are using.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Eagle claw In-line on my precision and quick tip -1.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I use a Shimano Sedona 500 for both Perch and Panfish. If I am shallow, I use my Okuma SLV 2/3 weight fly reels! Both, to me, are great reels and have their place for different situations!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I use a Shimano Sedona 500 for both Perch and Panfish. If I am shallow, I use my Okuma SLV 2/3 weight fly reels! Both, to me, are great reels and have their place for different situations!

Same here. I use the Okuma fly reel in shallow water and the Sedona 500’s when I’m fishing deeper water or any time line twist is a non-issue. Both reels balance well with the rods in question.

tr
    Plymouth

I am using the Sedona’s as well. love the combo and would not change a think, the problem you will have is that you will want to replace all of your rods with the TUCR rods. I have the 32 and a 28 and love them. Good luck shopping and you wont be disappointed. John and Adam make quality rods!!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Corey Rhymer wrote:</div>

Same here. I use the Okuma fly reel in shallow water and the Sedona 500′s when I’m fishing deeper water or any time line twist is a non-issue. Both reels balance well with the rods in question.

Same as they said

tucrs
    NW Metro

I used a Sedona 500 FD and a Sahara 500 FD.

The Sedona is on a 32″ Noodle Split Grip

The Sahara is on a 36″ Precision Split Grip EVA.

Personally the Sedona is the best value in the ice reels. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I am looking at the precision noodle rods and the precision rods. I was wondering what reels you guys are using on these exact rods for perch, bluegill. Not sure which rod I want yet, but wondering on reels you guys are using.

Don’t be afraid to put a Sienna 500 on a rod or two dedicated solely for panfish, especially if you fish primarily inside of a shack. They don’t perform quite as well in extreme cold, and the drag isn’t that of a Sedona, but it’s also half the price. In alot of the bass/panfish lakes I fish, I mind not if I don’t land some of the bass. ) For perch and up I’m a Sedona guy like most of the rest of you, but I find one or two of them to be a great way to round out the fleet and save a few $’s.

Joel

Denny Fox

Thanks for all the input guys. I used some claws last year and thought for the money they were fine. They matched well on my frabill quick tips. But like the rest of you know, sooner or later you just have to have the best. Watch enough IDO and the TUCR is the one. Do you guys know if they will be in st paul for the ice show in December? I used nanofil with a fluorocarbon leader last season. What do you use?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes we will be at the St. Paul ice show.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I am also a Tica fan, Now I just need to get a couple TUCR’s and I can call them the TICA TUCR….kind of sounds like the train is coming.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.