TUCR new Rod

• Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

*Disclamer (got ya) this not the new rod they are Releasing!*

As some of you know Schooley reels have been the number one winning reel on the UPL, NAIFC and Team Extreme Circuits. It has been a huge advantage that has allowed my partner and I to win back to back UPL TOY’s. Well my Schooley Reel/Rod just got Tuned Up. A Special Thanks to the guys at Tuned Up Custom Rods who made me a custom rod that I believe is the perfect rod to match a schooley reel. There’s no doubt the MI guys have influenced my style of competitive fishing specially utilizing a Schooley reel. Through their influence I came up with the idea of creating a quality rod with quality components. TUCR was able to take that idea to make this gem!! Thanks guys at TUCR!!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3067.jpg

2. IMG_3061.jpg

3. IMG_3071.jpg

4. IMG_3059.jpg

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

More Pics!!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3060.jpg

2. IMG_3068.jpg

Ben Putnam
    Participant
    Saint Paul, MN

Great pics, that thing looks devastating; I sure would hate to be the competition this winter!

IceAsylum
    Participant
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I wouldn’t have given them the heads up.

Also you are up there with John in the running for worst prom date.

Good luck with the new set up.

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

Lol, the message was John’s idea!!

riverruns
    Inactive

OK. Might sound real dumb? What’s the advantage of that real and pole? I assume it’s something to do with competition fishing? I have no idea? Thanks

AaronMoore
    Participant

why not use a noodle rod to cut down?

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

This particular rod is designed for tightlining. Using colored line (Stren Ice Yellow 2lb) and using it to detect bites. To do so you have to have full control of you jig. So you need a stiff enough for controlling your jig but also limber enough to be able to stay bent on a one to one ratio reel while pulling in a fish. Utilizing a schooley reel your able to have another set of control over the reel because of hand placement. For bite detection your watching your line under the water as far as you can see. Once the line does something your not making it do you have a bite. Hope this helps.

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

Aaron, you can’t really use a noodle rod because then you lose all control of you jig.

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

For guys wonder if Schooley’s can handle big fish. Here you go 2lb Yellow Stern Ice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.