Trigger X plastics

• zipdogfishing
    Utah

This may be a dumb question but I’ll ask it anyway :). I just bought a bunch of Trigger X plastics; I really dont want to carry all those packages around but I dont want them to dry out. So my question is; will they dry out if I put them into a tackle box compartment or would they keep their freshness? Should I just keep them in their packaging? Thanks.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Don’t take them out of the package until your ready to use them.

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Perfect, that’s kind of what I was figuring but ya never know. Thanks.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Don’t leave them on your hook either. You’ll need the jaws of life to remove them.

Bryan Myers

I carry a lot of Trigger X plastics with me and I also don’t like carring several bags so I put them in a binder for plastics. I mix sizes and styles but I keep them sepperated by colors, but I have also put some of the plastics in a hard box and have not had any issue with them drying out and turning hard. I have seen some of the other ones in the past dry out and turn but none of the panfish plastics have ever done that for me.

zipdogfishing
    Utah

I carry a lot of Trigger X plastics with me and I also don’t like carring several bags so I put them in a binder for plastics. I mix sizes and styles but I keep them sepperated by colors, but I have also put some of the plastics in a hard box and have not had any issue with them drying out and turning hard. I have seen some of the other ones in the past dry out and turn but none of the panfish plastics have ever done that for me.

Perfect, thanks for the advice. I’ll see if I cant find a binder for them that will fit in my tackle bag.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Clam has some new plastics wallets this year, you might want to check those out.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Don’t leave them on your hook either. You’ll need the jaws of life to remove them.

How true! I left one on the hook overnight and had to cut it off. It just shrunk and dried out. could’ve used it as a shank!

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Clam has some new plastics wallets this year, you might want to check those out.

I like the look of the Clam wallet, I’m gonna search for one in some local shops. Maybe try and make my own too.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

How true! I left one on the hook overnight and had to cut it off. It just shrunk and dried out. could’ve used it as a shank!

Must be what they’re made of exactly I guess…
    I have a couple still on the jig from last year and they are just fine?

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Bought one of the Plano Tackle Logic Worm Wraps a couple of years ago to keep mine in.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Trigger X Panfish plastics don’t shrink, dry out or shrivel up. I have some mustache worms on jigs from last winter hanging in my office and they’re as soft and pliable as they day I rigged them up.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

As James said, plastics will not dry out, shrink, or harden. What does do that are the pork rind type baits or the ones that are soaked in liquid like gulp.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I use the Plano 3449 and keep a pack of each in it… plenty of room and it’s easy to get into and keep them organized… minimal room in the Sportsmans Caddy !!

Attachments:
    1. plano-3449.jpeg

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Good to know! Thanks James. I just got all my ice rods out last night and noticed I had a Trigger X plastic still rigged on one and it was soft and ready to fish. Dave I like that box though I may just have to get one of those and keep them organized. Thanks everyone.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mudshark wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

Trigger X Panfish plastics don’t shrink, dry out or shrivel up. I have some mustache worms on jigs from last winter hanging in my office and they’re as soft and pliable as they day I rigged them up.

TriggerX panfish plastics are made from the same material as their aggression line for bass, and as mentioned, they don’t dry out. Some of the walleye plastics line-up does do this, just like some previous versions of Gulp, etc., which is probably causing some of the confusion.

Bottom line is that the ice-plastics don’t do this, rest assured!

Joel

Tommy Lam

Hey ZipDogFishing,

Just throw the same colours of the same style together.
    I do this and like my Trigger X flap tail gurb, I combine 2-3 packs into 1 package…… but not sure of doing different colors might bleach over…..

iceangler8888

milemark_714

It appears that these are now discontinued?Hope I am wrong.Waxtails and spikeworms are some of the best ice plastics I have ever used.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.