"The Bay of Lost Rods" is renamed

• kevin clark

“The bay of Lost Rods” is being renamed to “The Bay of the Lost Rod”. While out last night with my son(Cole)and a friend of his(Cam) chasing some Channel Cats we were able to find one rod of two that big cats(I assume) ripped out of the boat last week with Wiskerkev, and yes a little redemption, because it was a rod that I was using,we were taking a picture of one I had caught and heard nothing but a splash,the sound was like a rip that you make when you dive into the pool along with a bubble trail. We were fishing the same large bay last night and having trouble keeping the boat anchored due to 10-15 mph winds from the SSW and getting lines tangled so decided to move and low and behold abut 150-200 yrds from where that rod was expertly taken from Wiskers boat we pulled in our rods and pulled anchors up and Cam says I have a line in the anchor, I noticed that Cole still had one rod out and started reeling it in and the line in anchor wasn’t moving as his bobber was and immediately asked Cam where that line went and he said he had lost it,not what u want to hear on the lake after midnight. By now I put it all together, as the thief fish had run in this direction, and said grab it there is probably a rod hooked to the end. Cam said he could barely see it floating(like 6 inches of line)and grabbed it, I was so full of anticipation I took over and sure enough there’s the stolen rod(sweet). We found calmer water in which Cole got his PB Channel Cat,I managed a 36″ Sumo Kitty and a 41″ Toothy critter and good ole Cam went fishless but managed to find the missing rod. So the night was worth the hassles as we were forced off due to severe thunderstorms. We ended up loading in the downpour.

Attachments:
    1. 20140903_222948_resized.jpg

2. 20140904_020224_resized.jpg

3. IMG_20140903_200633_666.jpg

kevin clark

Coles fish was 35″x19″ Sumo also.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would sell it back to him Kevin.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You Sir made the right choice yesterday!

Very nice report and photos along with the little surprise and I’m not talking about the pike!

kevin clark

Thanks BK,I told him I should keep it since I donated funds for the two lost rods, or I would take a partial refund.;) Besides it all works out and if I loose or break one I am ahead of the game. Now, when I retrieve the other one, I am renegotiating. LOL Got lucky with the pike, he was lazy and hooked in the corner of mouth. Proud of/for my son too!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

And now I’ve seen everything

kevin clark

Wait till I/we find the other one Saturday night!!!
    Come on linebackers, damn!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Kev – told you that lake was magic )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.