So close

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Had this guy coming to me last night while I was in stand at home. I was shaking like a cat crapping razor blades. Got to 40 yards facing straight at me, then for whatever reason took a hard right and off he went feeding through the beans. He was right behind my tree so I couldn’t get a shot and when he got to a shooting lane he was about 60 yards. No shot and I was very bummed. He won this time, maybe I will get lucky next time.

Attachments:
    1. big-10.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sometimes I question the sense that these old mature guys develop. Had two of the largest bucks I ever saw in the woods stop at 60-80 yrds up-wind from me and turn off their trails. Absolutely no way they knew I was there. Never moved, wind was perfect, didn’t even reach for my bow. But soem how they just knew something wasn’t right and walked away.
    That’s the allure of next time

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sounds like a great encounter. Next time!!!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

So close yet so far! Randy said it best, why they would walk 200 yards down a trail and then right when they get on the edge of bow range, they take a 90 degree and head somewhere you can’t shoot them from. I guess they don’t get big for no reason.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.