sho 150 vs f200

• fargotridad
    Participant

Anybody seen any stats on these. I am thinking about MX 1825 next year.

walleyenordy
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

I have the F200 and I like it. I would check the SHO series might be too short for that transom. Not sure though.

Sean Reames
    Participant

Quote:

The SHO is for the bass boats, the f200 will go on a MX. We haven’t got to run the 150 yet but the 200 will get you around 49-53 mph depending on load

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

The SHO is for the bass boats, the f200 will go on a MX. We haven’t got to run the 150 yet but the 200 will get you around 49-53 mph depending on load

49-53 out of a 18.5 Ft. boat with a 200 on it. Boy are those walleye boats tub’s. I’d think you could push a Barge with a 200 HP motor faster than that.

Joel Ballweg
    Participant
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

49-53 out of a 18.5 Ft. boat with a 200 on it. Boy are those walleye boats tub’s. I’d think you could push a Barge with a 200 HP motor faster than that.

Typical bass guy. They could care less if they win the tournament just as long as there not one of the slower boats out there.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’d think you could push a Barge with a 200 HP motor faster than that.

Of course you would be incorrect.

Comparing the speed of a bass boat to a walleye boat is like comparing the towing capacity of a F150 to a Porsche and claiming the Porsche is inferior because you can’t tow a boat with it.

If you come from a bass boat and top speed is your thing you won’t be happy with a walleye boat. Any walleye boat. But we’re talking about two different animals here used in completely different scenarios.

Case in point was our recent trip to LOTW. We had two walleye boats and one bass boat along on the trip. Up in the islands everything went smoothly for the guys in the bass boat and they enjoyed a speed advantage over us walleye guys.

Once we got down on the big portion of the lake the bass guys couldn’t handle the water… and this was a 20’+ bass boat with 250 HP Outboard. They couldn’t run anywhere at anything more than 16 – 20 mph. The walleye boats were much, much faster in the same conditions and once we arrived on location the bass guys basically got deck washed from bow to stern with every wave.

The guys in the walleye boats fished in those conditions with ease. The bass guys struggled so severely that they had to abandon the main lake and put their boat on the trailer losing half their fishing time on our forth day while us walleye guys cleaned house.

And for this very reason some of the guys at SBC that fish bass tournaments have been using the MX2025 in big water bass tournaments.

Am I bashing bass boats? Nope. They have their place and when I get to chance to ride in them in calm conditions I like going fast. Particularly if someone else is paying for the gas. :smiling:

My top priority is how does my boat run in rough conditions at speed of 26 – 36 MPH when the waves are kicking up. The places I like to fish the best are huge bodies of water with long runs. And I’ve never seen, nor will I see, a bass boat in any of those places. So its a walleye boat for me. Now if I fished smaller bodies of water and primarily fished bass… I could see a bass hull making sense. Different jobs require different tools.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Comparing the speed of a bass boat to a walleye boat is like comparing the towing capacity of a F150 to a Porsche and claiming the Porsche is inferior because you can’t tow a boat with it.

You’re forgetting the Porsche Cayenne!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

You’re forgetting the Porsche Cayenne!

Forgetting about it? I had to go check to see what a Cayenne was. Apparently in my world $80,000 SUV’s go unnoticed. Almost like they don’t even exist.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

Quote:

We haven’t got to run the 150 yet but the 200 will get you around 49-53 mph depending on load

i would have thought the F200 would do better than 49-53?
    the F150 gets ~50mph, and the 200hp HPDI is 55-57mph.

Sean Reames
    Participant

Quote:

Quote:

We haven’t got to run the 150 yet but the 200 will get you around 49-53 mph depending on load

i would have thought the F200 would do better than 49-53?
    the F150 gets ~50mph, and the 200hp HPDI is 55-57mph.

That boat was loaded over its max capacity, with 4 guys in it, full fuel tank and full livewell. You cant really compare an inline 4 cylinder to a v-6 two stroke, they are two different animals. If you are worried about speed you need to buy the two stroke, if you are going to carry heavy loads you are going to want a V-6 period. If you want fuel economy the f200 burned almost 5 gallons less per hour at WOT than the Z200. No right or wrong its just nice to have choices.

gwood
    Participant
    Murica

Living in bass boat country, i agree with your analogy 100%. I specifically sought out the walleye boat, cause of the dry ride and comfort level.

You can take an MX in any body of water and fish. The same can not be said for the bass boat. Plus i have never felt the need to do 74mph on the lake.

Around here it’s either a bass boat or a pontoon. People don’t understand the benefits of a big water boat. And your right the mx sips fuel and does 50mph. Just can’t be beat in my eyes.

brentbullets
    Participant

[Comparing the speed of a bass boat to a walleye boat is like comparing the towing capacity of a F150 to a Porsche and claiming the Porsche is inferior because you can’t tow a boat with it.

Hell I always figured a Porsche could out tow a Ford anyway.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.