She's locked up…..

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

She being the mighty Mississippi, over north side, ugh. bawling bawling

procor
    Mounds View, MN

How is the 494 bridge area….anybody know? I see warmer temps coming on Sat and Sun..”please be open, please be open!”

buschman
    Pool 2

I actually fished on Saturday… In my opinion it might be tough to get back out. The duck hunters are running and using the Levee… They were anyways but I think that back channel will be froze solid this week. We had to break ice the way it was on Sat night. Also getting in and out of the river was a chore.. I left a bag of salt at the launch for the poor guy that tried to pull his boat out next. I needed a second truck and tow rope to get out Saturday night!!

494?? there will be an ice shelf to work with and lots of floating ice if a couple boats run up or down the river.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Ice is all over the place under the 35E bridge, which means that even if you can launch your boat on P2 there won’t be many fishable areas. I may try anyway but am pretty bummed about the whole deal.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Breaking ice, back channels frozen, dodging ice bergs, ice shelves on ramps, needing a 2nd vehicle at the launch, etc…Navigating P2 can be difficult enough in the Fall without all these other obstacles. As much as I hate to say it I think I am all done for the year on P2.

I could be wrong, but I can’t see a couple days in the 30’s changing things much.

matt

Bigger Ice chunks were starting to come down Saturday night when I left,plus I was breaking skim ice all the way back to the landing.Suprisingly I never spun a tire when pulling the boat out.I was gonna check it out today but got sidetracked,maybe tomorrow.Was wishing it wouldnt come to this but sounds like Id be better off checkin lake ice instead.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That weather for the weekend sure is looking nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.