Season 5 Sturgeon Episode – Ice Wear

• rschmidty
    Participant

Since the season has come to an end, I’m already county down the days until I’m back on the water for our annual trip to the Rainy River. To help satisfy my Sturgeon addiction, I’m wondering when season 5 will be posted to this website or the YouTube channel? I believe the IDO sturgeon episode is in this season.

Also, it is usually pretty chilly mid-April when we have made our trip up to the RR. What would you seasoned veterans of this trip recommend or have used that you like? I recently came across Frabill’s I-2 Bibs online, and they look as if they would do the job.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Well I spent Friday night on the Croix. I believe it hit 18°. Striker suit and a sunflower heater!! Decided one night was enough of that and retreated home for a warm shower!!

I can’t wait to hit the RR either. Caught 102 sturgeon this year, hoping to beat that next year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve been using the FW’s Strikemaster bibs pretty much all of this fall season. Fairly inexpensive and warm.

It’s kept my Favorite Wife warm on Lake of the Woods when we’re fishing the open water next to the frozen lake.

I haven’t needed to pull out the SNO-Suit yet.

692fisherman
    Participant
    champlin mn

I have always went with ice armor. seems to work just great!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Layers.
    I keep a tote or dry bags in the boat with extra clothes.
    Hand warmers are also an awesome invention!!

Rain, snow, sunshine, wind. .be prepared for all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.